Chapter 27: Lie after Lie

Bels undid her seat belt and got out of the car. She closed the door and went around to help me. Dad took his keys out and did the same. Both of them helped me get out the car. I undid my seat belt and Bels opened the door a bit, then dad came along and he opened it abit wider.

I took out my left foot, that wasn't in a cast, without problem. I put my left arm around Bels. I tried to slide my right foot and it got out. Dad handed my one of my crutches as he went to close the door. He used his keys to locked the car.

Me and Bels started to make our way up the long stairs. We were about a quarter up the way, when we were joined by dad.

We got about just past half way when we stopped at bit because my arm was hurting a bit. After a few minute we started to move again.

We made the rest of the way with no stops. Dad got his keys and unlocked the front door. We all walk in. Bels guided me to the living room.

*****

For the last 2 days dad has been my servant. He would bring me my breakfast and a bit more extra food before he left for work and at 1pm he would have his work break and come home to give me my late lunch. Then when his break was over he would go back to work. My lunch would last me for quite a while as dad would add more things like bottles of water and other drink and some sweets. The only time I would need to get up for is going to the toilet, which luckly is downstairs, and going to bed.

*****

It has been 6 weeks since the accident, my foot has healed. My arm is still in a cast.  I have been going to school for the past week, everyone has been looking at me like I'm some sort of vegetable on a plate. Stefan hasn't been in school and he hasn't come to visit, which is good.

'Dad! I'm home!' I yelled as I can though the door.

'Upstairs!' he yelled back

I went to the kitchen to get a bottle of coka cola from the fridge. I opened it as I raced up the stairs.

Dad was in his room, guess what? Still in bed, dad has been in bed ALL day!

'Youre still in bed?!' I asked in stock as I entered his room.

'Yeah, I had no work today, no-one called me to go in, so I just thought,  why not sleep in?'he said sitting up ans shrugging his shoulders.

'Haha, you lazy sugar! (I can't swear in front of dad so I replaced sugar for Sugar, Honey, Ice Tea)

He chuckled!

'So you did get out of bed once?' I asked him, sipping at bit of cola

'Not once. How was school?' he askes changing the subject

'It was good!' I said lying straight through the skin of my teeth.

'Good!' he said with a smile.

Thats someone else I have lied to! First Bels, my best ever friends and now my dad, my own blood and family! Whats wrong with me?

I turned to leave dad's room went in to mine, that was as messy as a baby eating alone! (Haha!)

For the rest of the day I stayed in my room, tidying it.

It was 7:30, i was in my room and dad actually got out of bed and made tea.

'ROSE!' He shouted from the bottom of the stairs

'YEAH!' I shouted back

'TEA IS READY!'

'OHHH OKAYYY!' I sang

I heard dad's chuckle.

I started reading Fault in Our Stars, it was on a really good bit! I finished Chapter 5, folded the corner of the page of the next chapter and closed the book and jumped off my bed.