Chapter 30: The Invite

We arrived at our next lesson, which was Science. Our teacher had already started talking about the lesson when we came in.

'Sorry, we're late Sir!' Bels said sitting in her seat.

Sir nodded as in 'okay' as he was talking. Mr Eden is a really cool teacher, if you're a late he wont make a big deal about it, he makes lessons fun and they go so quickly. But if it was an other teacher then they would be like 'Why are you late?, 'Can you go out side please' or something like that.

....

The lesson dragged on, felt like more than just an hour. We were going over topics as we are going to have an 'end of year topic test'.

'Wish it was the end of the year' I thought to myself.

RING!

RING!

RING!

RING!

Finally when the bell went,

everyone packed their things, got up and left. It was break time so me and Bels went straight to the canteen as we were starving!

Bels got in line and saved me a space as I bent down to tie my laces on my (new) black school shoes.

I joined Bels in line.

'Can I help?' The dinner lady exclaimed. It was Bels turn.

'Err... can I please have a raisin and sultana cookie and a citrus drink please?' Bels asked

'Yup... here you go.. can I help? ' she said handing the cookie to Bels.

It was my turn.

'Erm.. can I have a muffin please oh and a drink as well ' I smiled.

'Yeah, what drink do you want darlin'?' she said handing me my muffin.

'Can I have apple please?'

'None left at the moment darlin' ' she said looking round.

'Oh then, can I have citrus?'

'Here you go!' She smiled 'Next please'..

I spotted Bels chewing on her cookie.

'Is citrus nice?' Bels asked me

'Yeah!' I smiled

We started walking out of the hall and started slowly walking to our next lesson.

We had Drama.

RING!

RING!

RING!

RING!

The bell for the end of break went.

Me and Bels arrived at the lesson but the door was locked, Bels looked through the window and the room was dark, there had been no lesson in there all morning, what so ever.

'Sir won't be here!' I remembered, 'His wife! She has just had her baby!'

'Oh my god, yeah! We're going to have a supply!' Bels added

5 minutes later, everyone had arrived but sir, if he was coming.

10 mins later, someone arrived, everyone was about to leave because they read that if a teacher doesn't arrive in 15mins you can leave, but everyone knows that, that only happens in America, well not everyone.

After half an hour had passed the teacher still wasn't there, everyone was sat on the floor and stairs on their phones. Luckily no teachers wondered the hallway so no one spotted us all out side lessons. Thomas Jeffrey, the boffin in all lessons, and I mean every lesson! He wanted to go to the staff room and tell a teacher we didn't have a teacher, but everytime anyone saw him move they would throw what ever they had at him. So far he has tried 3 times, everyone has been throwing loose wrappers they would find in their bags where they couldn't be bothered to walk to a near by bin.