Chapter 29: Girls and Boys

When we got to Bels' house, her mum was baking like usual.

'Oh look who's back! It's been a while!' Bels' mum said, spotting us coming in, laughing.

We went straight to her room. We hung out for hours, snapchatting people, taking selfies, and just doing things friends do on a Thursday afternoon. When it was late, I got a text from dad asking me where I was, so you thought it'd be better to go home now, as it was getting quite dark. Don't want to be followed again like last time!

'Bye, see you tomorrow!' I waved to Bels then hugged her.

She went with me down stairs and showed me out.

'Bye!' I waved to Bels' mum (Forgetting her name again)

'See you later!' She quickly said looking up

I went out the door and closed it behind me. I went on to the local path and started walking straight on.

I walked on for about 7 minutes, when I came to a 'T' type of road. I went right and kept walking. Then I came to a cross road and went left and within 4 minutes I was at the steps of the front door, I got my house keys out my school bag and unlocked the door. The kitchen light was on and so was the living room one, the rest was all dark.

I walked in to the kitchen where plates on the table, layed out for two. There was no one sat around the table. So I figured dad wanted to have another dinner for two, like the night before.

I went to the next place that had some light, the living room.

        I stood in the doorway, but more to the other side than in the living room. I turn my head right, no-one there, I turn left and I see dad sat down, with his eyes closed and him slowly tilting to where the weight of his head was going.

'Dad?!' I whispered walking in the living room and sitting next to him.

'Dad?'

         'Dad?'

'Daddy?'

          'Dad?'

I said each time getting a bit louder

'Dad!' I said with my normal voice and gently shaking him.

He finally wakes 'Huh, huh, what? Oh, Rose!' he said looking around, looking at me and realizing who I was.

'Hey, Dad!' I smiled 'sorry I missed dinner'

          'Its alright!' he said getting up. He slowly walked out the living room and slowly taking his time, went upstairs. I followed right behind him, in case he tripped or something, and plus i was going to go sleep.

When we finally arrived upstairs, we both went out separate ways, I went left and dad went right.

I went in my room and turned to watch dad, he stumbled a bit, so I thought, would be better if I just watch him until he is in his bed. I stood in his door and watched him climb in to bed. When I saw he put his cover over I quietly closed the door and went in to my room. I went to my toilet and brushed my teeth, I had a quick shower and got in to my pyjamas.

I climbed in to bed, put my covers to my chin, i looked at the time on my phone, it was 11: 57, i was amazed at the time, and thought for a bit about how long I actually stayed at Bels, when I realised I couldn't be bother to do maths at this hour, I turned my bedside light off. I slowly drifted to sleep.

         I woke up to the loud ring of my alarm, I looked at my phone and it Friday,  I looked up with joy as I love Friday  I mean who doesnt? Then I realized I had school.