Villages and Steroids Hulk

We reach the village, but Allura had insisted that we take our lions, so us paladins have to make two trips.

The village is adorable, with tiny picturesque houses and a village square where we are all gathered, with the whole village. It reminds me of the smurf village in a way. We're all off in our little corner, Hunk is giving out something white and round to the Arusians, Alien Weasley is hugging an Arusian, Allura and Lance are standing close to each other, talking to Arusians, Keith is pouting, and I'm telling stories to some younger Arusians.

"Lion Goddess," the chief says, quieting us down. "I, king of the Arusians, formally beg your forgiveness. Please have mercy on us and accept our traditional Dance of Apology as atonement for our wrongdoings."

I frown. What wrongdoings? They all look so bright and happy. The king claps and a young Arusian woman runs up and stands in position.

"Commence Dance of Apology!" the king announces. "Hoorah!"

The other Arusians cheer and some bang on drums. The Arusian starts dancing, but Allura cuts them off, looking awkward.

"Please," she says. "There's no need for this."

"Moontow, halt!" the king orders. Poor Moontow stops in a very awkward pose. "The Goddess has refused the apology. Start the sacrificial fire." an Arusian throws a torch on a stack of wood. "We must throw ourselves in."

I pale at that.

"No!" Allura screams. "No sacrifices!"

"So, we may proceed with the dance?"

"That's a better alternative."

Moontow resumes her dance and finishes with a bow, which the Arusians mirror. Even the young Arusians crowding around me bow.

"Oh, my," Allura says. "Please, please, rise. Thank you for that, but I am not a great being worthy of your worship. I accidentally put you all in danger. It is I who should be apologizing to you. I am Princess Allura and these are the Voltron Paladins. Although we originally came from different worlds... and have very, very, very different traditions." She says that like it's a bad thing. "We wish to live alongside you as friends."

The king gets to his feet. "But the mighty robotic angel... has it not come to destroy us because of our immoral ways?"

"Voltron? No. In fact, that mighty robot is here to protect you. Let it be known that Voltron will protect every innocent being throughout the universe!"

The Arusians cheer and I smile from my kneeling position under a tree near an archway covered with dozens of different flowers. The small Arusian children run to me and hug me. The others are also getting tackled by Arusians, but I get the kids. Keith tries to walk to me when he gets jumped on by an Arusian. I grin and give him a thumbs up.

"I don't usually hug strangers, but uh...," he says. "Man you are cuddly."

"Thank you," the Arusian replies in a deep voice.

I burst out laughing before refocusing on the small Arusian children. Some are climbing on me, one is resting in my lap and one girl Arusian squishes my face.

"You're so pretty!" she says.

"Thank you," I say.

I notice a shy group of girls huddled together. I smile and wave them over. They come towards me shyly, and one of them comes forward.

"We would like to know if we could... if we could braid your hair," she finally says.

My eyes light up. "Oh my gods," I say. "Yes. Yes! Of course!"