Ticks, Seconds and Calls for Help

We're all crowding around Lance's pod. His twenty four hours are almost up, with only a few minutes to go. Pidge literally has her face against the glass, I'm standing next to Keith, Allura is off to the right, and Hunk and Shiro are behind us.

"I can't tell if he looks healthy or not," Hunk says.

"I think he's breathing weird," Pidge announces.

"Oh, come on!" Keith says, poking the glass.

Allura slaps his hand away. "Not yet!" she tells him. "A few more ticks."

"How much better do you think he's gonna get in a few more ticks?"

"And what exactly is a tick?" Pidge asks.

"You know, a time slice," Allura says.

"Like a second?" Shiro asks.

We turn around to look at him.

"What is a 'second'?"

Pidge gets out her tablet and turns on a timer. "Like this." She shows Allura.

"I'm not sure," Allura says. "I think ticks are bigger. Coran, do you have a ticker?"

"Right here, Princess," Alien Weasley says, holding the strangest timer I've ever seen.

"I think ticks are a little slower," says Hunk.

"I think they're bigger," I say.

Pidge and Hunk and Allura had walked over to Alien Weasley, but I stay where I am, standing next to Keith.

"I can't tell," Pidge says. "We have to start at the same time."

I walk over. I'm intrigued as how this is going to end. I grab the sleeve of Keith's jacket and drag him over.

"Okay. Ready, go!" Alien Weasley says.

The two start their clock and ticker.

"Yes! I think we're winning," Hunk says excitedly.

"Winning what?" Keith asks. "The intergalactic time-measuring competition?"
I chuckle. "Yes, Keith. That's exactly what we're winning." I pat him on the back.

"You guys having a clock party?" Lance asks.

"Aw, Lance, you just ruined it," Hunk complains, before he realizes that Lance was awake. "Hey, Lance!" He grabs him in a big hug and I snigger.

"What happened?" he asks.

"Hm, let's see," I say. "The control room was blown up, you got knocked in a coma, the village burned, Alien Weasley and Hunk went to get a crystal, Allura and Keith went to save the Arusians, Shiro and I took care of you and the Castle, we both got taken hostage with you, Pidge stopped the Galra, Rover's gone, we stopped Sendak, and Hunk got himself a girlfriend. I ship it so hard. But anyways, I think I got all of it?" I say it all in one breath, saying it all super fast, a thing that I often do.

I look around, and the others look confused except for Pidge and Keith. They nod. These two are used to me doing stuff like this. They're used to my craziness. The others get over their shock and Allura walks over to Lance and puts a hand on his back.

"We can tell you all about it while you get something to eat," she says. "Are you able to walk?"

"Talking? Eating? Are you asking me out on a date?" Lance asks.

"Yup, he's fine."

"Ah, Lance."

"Dude!"