CHAPTER 12: The Traitor

Your time starts , now... I heard someone whispered on my ears. I tried to used the trick I knew to find where he is. I know he loves playing tricks on me and I can't give him the benefit to outsmart me.

Well, its not that difficult to find him coz he was just seating in one of the branches where the tree in the garden stood up high at the end of this maze.

I jumped up high through the maze and ran as fast as I could.

"Anjan ka lang pala," kunwari kong sabi. Nagulat siya pagkakita sa akin sa ilalim ng puno.

"You're different. " una niyang sabi sa akin na nakatingin.

"Anong ibig mong sabihin?" tanong ko pagkaupo ko sa tabi niya.

"The oracle once said that someone will come and that person will be the light to our kingdom. The first time I saw you, I knew you're far different from the others. You had this aura that will frigthened our kind, shouting danger but the humans never see that. I guess because of your bloodline. You're not just some ordinary human being turned vampire, you are special."

"Thanks,"

"That impostor is a great advantage in your training. They thought you well."

Nagtaka ako kung sino ang tinutukoy niyang impostor. Is it Martha?

"S-sinong tinutukoy mong imposyor?" I asked d
facing him.

"I know you had doubts on Martha too. Someone inside the mansion knew about the missing Martha-the- witch. She was abducted days before you arrived in Mysyic."

I am shocked but still manage to get a hold on myself.

"I---i don't know what to say," I said shaking my head. Had I known that something is happening inside the mansion.

"We knew about the Black Empire's plan but we never expected this to happen. We still have no clue on Martha's location. Some of her allies are still on the search. And the person you meet as Martha during your stay there was the trickster. He has the ability to duplicate one's identity"

Natakpan ko nalang ang bunganga ko sa sinabi niyang iyon. I never thought na ganun ang nangyari.

"Good thing that you came here earlier. What made you do that?" nakangising tanong sa akin ni Hunter.

"Huh?! A...eh...kuwan kasi..." sabi ko na alanganing magkwento sa nangyari.

I told him what happened later that night and what the maid told me about Martha.

"Good thing you came here, " he said and smiled again. Those smile that can melt someone's heart..

"Thank you for trusting me,"sabi niya and unexpectedly, he kissed me, sa lips. Smock lang pero parang may kuryenteng dumaloy sa buong katawan ko. I can't move.

"Hunter...." wala sa loob kong nasambit na nakatitig narin sa kanyang mga mata.

He cupped my face and kissed me again. I just closed my eyes and feel the warmth of his kisses and kissed him back the way he's doing. He leaned his body closer to mine and started caressing my shoulder down to my spine. I felt her arms encircling my back while he deepened our kissed. Then we parted our lips, gasped some air and looked each other.

"Hmm, h-hatid mo na ako sa aking kwarto." sabi ko na na nakatingin sa baba. He gently lift my chin and stared at me. Ang gwapo talaga niya.

"Can I stay in your room ---- ?" he's face was serious. " Don't worry I'm all good. I just wanted to be with you." segunda niya nang makita niyang kumunot ang aking noo.