CHAPTER 5: Truth Hurts

"No! Everything you said is a lie," I screamed on his face. I'm not liking the idea how this man infront of me trying to impressed how he knew me so sure. Yes, I admit the fact that somehow, this information he shared is making my doubts about my mom answered.

He was standing infront of me. I know for sure that he is already getting mad based from his expression. He's brows were in one line already, his jaw tightened. "Audrey, listen to me please." he pleaded with a calm voice. How could he changed his mood so easily?

I gazed on him. Our eyes met and stayed there for a while. "This may creep the hell out of you but you can't seem to be pleased by my words and what I know regardless of who I am." he continued. Then leaved a deep sigh. I just thought, this would end but I was frightened when his eyes turns to crimson red. I was taken aback of what I witnessed. Am I just stressed and seeing things I shouldn't have?  Now his canines are getting visible as his handsome face turned into a creature that only exist in books and other movies.  A vampire!

"B-bakit n-naging ganyang ang itsura mo?" I tried to speak not trying to break in there.

"I'm a vampire, Audrey. This is what I look like." seryoso niyang sagot.

"I-isa ka ngang b-bampira! Akala ko n-nagbibiro ka nung sinabi mo sa akin noon na isa kang bampira."

"Obviously, I'm a vampire but I will not hurt you. I  was asked by someone to track you down. And I did. I found you but this will not end here. Grey's man are already scouting your place this moment. I won't allow you to go back to your house this instant."

"B-bakit?" naiiyak kong tanong. My body is starting to tremble. Ano bang kasalanan ko't nagkakaganito ang buhay ko?

"I am trully sorry, but you're just a stubborn witch."

"A-ano? Kanina bampira, ngayon naman ay witch." nakakalukong sabi nito sabay ngisi.

"Believe it or not but you're one of them. But--"

"But what?"

"Lets just get out of here first." he said and grab my arms and walked me to the car.

Ilang minuto ang lumipas, wala ni isa lang gustong unang magsalita. Isa pa, hindi parin ganun kabilis magprocess sa utak ko ang lahat ng rebelasyong nalaman sa likod ng  tunay kong pagkatao.

"Hindi parin ako makapaniwala sa lahat ng mga nalaman ko ngayong gabi. Ang akala kong normal na buhay ko'y marami rin palang lihim. Hindi ko lubos maisip na sa dinami-raming tao na nakatira sa paligid ay may mga ibang lahi palang nabubuhay. " pukaw ko to break our silence. Nakakabingi ang katahimikan.

He glanced at me once in a while, busy on the wheel.

"May nabasa akong libro noon sa library tungkol sa mga witch at vampire. Magkaaway ang dalawang lahi noong mga unang panahon dahil sa nangyari sa pamilya ni Merideth (first witch) nakakatawa nga eh kasi kapangalan pa nung witch si mama. Si Merideth ang kauna-unahang witch na pumatay dahil sa pagtataksil ng mga kasama niya sa village. Pinatay ng mga taong pinagkatiwalaan niya ang pamilya niya habang siya'y nasa bayan. Noong nalaman niyang pinatay ang pamilya niya sa kanilang malaking bahay, umusal ito ng panalangin at nagsalita ng lenggwaheng siya lamang ang nakakaintindi. She cursed those men who slaughtered her family and then that same day, those men turned into monsters and chased away and chant a spell to protect the village from them. Merideth built a home for those homeless and took them into her coven. They chased those cursed men until one day, she met a strange man whom she inloved with. They begun to fall and minths later, they had a family of their own and lived a normal life. They had a twin. Elijah, the first born is a vampire and the second baby who came out after a minute is Drathea , a witch. But they've just discoved that when the twin reached their age of adolescent. Nalaman ng mga kasamahang witch ni Merideth ang kalagayan ng kanyang mga anak so they turned their backs to her. Pleaded and pray that those twins going to die but Meriderh is far more powerful than them. She let her children lived and protected. She cloaked them with a spell so that no one could ever see them in their village. She took the twins outside the village and pleaded to start a new life and never come back to their place. The twins went on to where their mother wanted and lived as ordinary people on a far village away from their parents. Soon, they found love and had their own family but carrying every generations the cursed once their mother had made. Since Drathea, her daughter, became the most powerful witch, she made a ring for her brother in order for him to walk on sunlight and there after a thousand years, vampires can walk on sunlight and witch is still a witch until today, they've been discreet."