Chapter Twenty-Two

A/N: Wasn't I just thanking you guys for 200 reads a couple chapters ago!? Now I'm thanking you guys for 300!? You guys are awesome! Thanks! Also, sorry for not posting yesterday, I had a family thing that my mom dragged me to.

Nana's POV:

"I'm gonna miss her," I said as we rode away from Yon's funeral. It had been two weeks since the court case and it looked like everything was turning out alright. The police officers that Ms. Hancock had sent to my old house had found Yon in the ground and Athena was charged with First Degree murder and was sentenced to life in prison. She had been diagnosed with mental instability, so, at least I knew why she acted the way she did. It still didn't excuse it, though. I even got to live with the Ro'Meaves, until I was able to get started on a life for myself.

"Do you know what's gonna happen to all of your younger siblings?" Zane asked, looking over to me.

I nodded and smiled. "All the ones who can't live on their own are going to live with my oldest brother, Ichi, and his husband, Logan," I said, smiling at the thought of Logan and Ichi running around after Ju and Hachi.

"That's good," he said, leaning back in his seat. We rode back home in comfortable silence, the only noise coming from he rain outside. Yon would've been happy with the rain at her funeral; she always loved the rain, even though she was a meif'wa.

We rode up to my new home and parked the car. I ran inside and was met with a blast of light and yelling. Once my vision cleared, I saw that I was surrounded by all of my friends, party supplies hanging all around the house.

"What's all this?" I asked, looking around at everyone. I saw Zane smirk from his place in the doorway.

"It's a party!" Aphmau yelled, coming over to hug me.

"You've had such a hard few weeks, we thought a party to celebrate your victory would make you smile," Travis yelled, leaning onto the wall. I giggled as Aaron set a small crown on my head and everyone led me to a table where a single pack of markers laid.

"What's all this?" I asked, picking up the pink marker.

"The theme of the party," Zane said, coming to stand next to me, "We each pick a color, then have a normal party, but we get to draw on each other,"

A grin spread across my face as I picked up the pink marker and drew on heart on Zane's face. He squirmed away, but I finished, a small heart appearing on my face.

"This is gonna be fun!" I exclaimed, jumping over to all my friends to draw on them.

The party lasted for hours and we all ended up covered in drawings from everyone, looking like little walking rainbows. It ended at eight, when everyone had to go home, since it was gonna be bedtime for Aphmau soon. Man, that girl's mom is strict.

I sat down with Zane on our bed, looking him over. He had blue butterflies all over his face from when Garroth drew on me, and there were purple cupcakes on his cheeks. However, I don't think I had ever seen him happier, even with all the drawings.

"I love you," I whispered, curling into his arms.

"I love you, too," he whispered back, curling around me and kissing the top of my head.

My life, which had started off as an awful thing that wanted to destroy me ended up being amazing. I still get nightmares, and my scars are still there, but Zane helps me through it all. I couldn't be happier with my grumpy soulmate.

A/N: I know that this is short, but I felt like it wrapped everything up in a nice, little bow. I hope you enjoyed all of this colorful sadness, but it's time to say goodbye. Bye~