Chapter Seventeen

A/N: Before I start the story, I would like to thank y'all for the 200 reads! I know that's not very big by Wattpad standards, but it's HUGE for me! So, thank y'all for all of that, it means a ton to me.

Nana's POV:

I felt my stomach twist into knots. I would have to see my Mama a few more times before I would be able to get away from her. And even then it would take a few weeks. I just hoped it wouldn't take any longer than that.

"When can I come by to discuss what we can do?" I heard Zianna say to Ms. Omet. I was staring down at my lap, taking in deep breaths and trying not to have a break down.

"Come by this time next week," Ms. Omet said, "If you could bring the child, that would greatly help," I glanced up at that, seeing Ms. Omet gesturing towards my quivering form.

Zianna turned towards me. "Is that okay, sweetie?" she asked, giving me a loving look. The look of a mother.

I nodded, knowing that, if I spoke, I'd start crying. I looked back down at my lap and started tracing the blue swirls and pink hearts on my arms. They looked like they were dancing together in harmony.

We left not too long after that, climbing into the car. I started crying once the car started. I roughly ran my fingers through my curly pink hair, silent tears flowing down my face. I still wasn't safe.

"It'll be okay," I heard Zane say, grabbing onto my hand. I guess even he knew when contact was needed.

We quickly arrived home and I curled up on the bed in our shared room. "Are you sure everything will turn out all right?" I asked Zane, peeking up from my position on the bed. He was sitting at his desk, a writing doc opened on his laptop.

He nodded, turning around to face me. "Of course, we have a lot more on her than what she has on us,"

"What does she have on us?" I asked confused.

"Nothing," Zane said, winking. I sighed, giggling a little bit at his antics. He could always make me smile.

I ended up falling asleep not too long after that, my slight breakdown in the car tiring my brain out. Also, the bed was quite comfortable.

"This place is rather pretty," I said aloud, looking around the hill I was at. It was filled with the prettiest flowers in all colors of the rainbow. Animals frollicked around me, dancing in a circle with funny noises. Though, storm cloud did look like they were coming close, but I did like dancing in the rain.

I began to dance with the animals, but they just stayed in a circle around me, the funny noises coming from them increasing. It took me a minute to realize that they were voices.

"Nana, you know I love you, but you were bad," a deer said, sounding like my Mama, "Just stay still and the dogs won't hurt you too bad,"

A wolf that ran opposite to the deer began barking, sounding like multiple dogs at once. The barking triggered the memory of when Mama had thrown me into the neighbor's dog pen. I fell to the ground, covering my ears as the barking continued. The storm clouds were getting closer.

"Now, Nana, you know that doing this might help you right your wrongs," a tiger said, the sweet voice of my Mama echoing out of it. I heard the sound of sizzling fire sounding through my head. The time she made me brand myself with a hot iron. I still had the scars on the back of my neck.

"Don't move too much and maybe you'll still have some fingers left," a horse said, Mama's voice coming out of it, too. The time she made me play the knife game where you quickly stick the knife between your fingers. I still had light scars on the sides of my fingers.

I felt the rain begin to pour around me, thunder echoing in my ears. Suddenly, the scars around my body began to burn, my Mama's laughter ringing through my ears. My breath came in all at once and I fell to the ground, my screams echoing through the glade.

"Stop it!" I screamed, shutting my eyes tight and curling up. I screamed it over and over again, the animals tightening the circle around me, Mama's voice echoing through my whole mind, a headache beginning to form. It felt like my head was being split open.

"Nana!" I heard a familiar voice say. I cracked my eyes open and saw a small, black cat crawling towards me. My pain began to subside as the glade faded from my vision.

"Nana!" I heard Zane say, shaking me. My eyes shot open and I sat up on the bed, sweat and tears falling down my face. I took in a deep breaths as I shook, my head clouding with fear. I felt Zane hold onto my shoulders as I tried to calm down.

"What happened?" he asked, once I could breathe normally again.

I took a small breath and looked up at him, shaking my head. "Later," I mumbled, burying my head in his shoulder.

I felt him nod and hold me closer. I was sure that the nightmares were far from over for me.

Third person POV:

"Mama! Someone's at the door for you!" Hachi shakily yelled through the house, searching for Athena. She found her in her room staring at wall and taking to herself.

"M-mama?" Hachi asked, hiding around the doorframe. Athena turned around quickly, batting her eyes in Hachi's direction.

"Yes, sugar?" she asked, standing up and going over to Hachi, who was trying not to break down in fear.

"There's a lady at the door wanting to speak with you," Hachi mumbled, looking down at the ground.

Athena's face took on a dark look. "I don't like it when you mumble," she growled, holding onto Hachi's arm with a creepy strength.

Hachi's face shot up. "Sorry, Mama!" she said loudly, "but there's a lady at the door who wants you," She quickly took off down the hall and ran into her bedroom. She closed the door softly and locked it, curling up on the floor.

Athena huffed, but quickly made her way down the stairs and opened the door, putting on her best smile. "Why hello!" she exclaimed at the lady standing in front of her. Ms. Omet stood at the door, a clipboard in hand and a sour expression on her face.

"Are you Athena Ishida?" she asked, looking down at her clipboard.

"I am," Athena smiled, "Why?"

"I'm here to tell you that there is a court date about the termination of your parental right regarding your daughter, Nana," MS. Omet stated, handing Athena a piece of yellow paper.

"Oh," was all Athena said, taking the paper from Ms. Omet and reading over it with a calm, but angry expression.

Ms. Omet nodded and walked down to her silver car, which was parked down on the curb. Athena shut the door with a slam, her expression twisting into something horrible.

"There is no way that I am losing my parental right to that stupid, little girl," she muttered, pulling out her phone and dialing the number of her own lawyer.

"Hello, Mr. Adams?" she said to the man on the other end, "I have a court case that we need to meet to discuss,"

A/N: ANGST ANGST ANGST!!!!! I love writing nightmares for my characters to have, it's always so much fun when I don't have to obey the laws of whatever world I'm writing in. Anyway, thank you for reading! Until next chapter! Bye~