Chapter 19

"Angie. Angie. Angie wake up. " I open my eyes to see my father as my vision clears up.

"Dad?" I start to feel the tears prickling in my eyes. Did I make it? Am I wear I was trying to go.

My heart sinks when I look around to see that I'm not in heaven with my dad. I'm in a hospital room. I get up and walk to my dad, my feet feeling as if I can walk on water. When I reach him I notice his face is not the caring father I have always loved. It's an angry one.

"Why the hell would you do that Angie?" He asks angrily. He waves his hand towards my bed. I look over to see me lying there, lifeless.

I look back at him confused. "Why am I right there when I'm right here-"

"Angie you're dying. It's your choice whether you do or you don't. It's not my decision, but Angie if you leave you can't ever come back. I've tried. It doesn't work like that. Do You really think this is a good idea?"

Before I can answer a door opens. A nurse walks in and right trough me. I watch her as she checks my pulse. She feels my head with her wrist, checking my temp I guess. She gently take my cut wrist and frowns closing her eyes and looking up.

She leans down and whispers in my ear. "Honey, please stay strong. It's your choice you either leave or you stay. She moves my hair out of my face and tucks it behind my ear, then leaves.

"That was your aunt Angie, you met her when you were a baby, she's... She's my sister." I look over to see silent tears roll down my face. And soon enough mine do the same.

Before I could say anything. Again. Another person comes through the door and see my best friend appear.

"Oh Ang," she whispered. "Why? Why would you do this? I understand you had a crapy childhood and no father growing up but seriously? You're only seventeen you have such a huge future in front of you!" She sobbed.

"I just wanted to see you before I lost the only person I called my best friend. I have a lot of friends Angie, there were so many friends before you, but I never called them my best friend. Not even my childhood first friend never became my BFF. But you did. I love you so much. Just do me a favor and try to stay? Please get all your blood back and rest, it's all in the mind honey, you choose." She leaves wiping mascara off her cheeks.

"Had enough? Or do you need to see more to show you why you don't need to leave?" I say nothing and he nods his head.

Slowly the door opens and appears my mother. "She doesn't make any move to come to me. She says put as the tears roll down her face. "This is all my fault." She begins sobbing. She runs to me and wraps her skinny arms around me. "Baby I'm so sorry! This is all my fault! If I just gave you the childhood you deserved you wouldn't be in here. You would be the amazing, beautiful, perfect seventeen year-old girl there could ever be. But I screwed that up for you. And I'm sorry." She murmured stroking my cheek.

It feels like an hour had gone by by the time my mom has left the room tears never stopped flowing through out the whole time. Slowly I'm starting to feel like a horrible person for trying to leave the people who actually care about me but I never tried to care.

"Do you need more? Or are you ready to wake up baby doll?" I shook my head, ashamed. He looked at me with the look of disappointment. "Then here comes your boyfriend." My body shakes. This is the one that might bring you back." My mind tells me. I didn't say argue with myself, honestly I was hoping it would. I close my eyes and take a deep breath waiting for it to come.

"Wait, Angie how many times did you cut yourself sweet heart?" My dad asked worriedly.

"Seven times." I whispered. He nodded his head and continued staring out the window. My eyes flash to the door when Mason walks in, he doesn't move he just stares at me. This is just what i might need to convince myself to stay.

***************

Masons pov

I frown as i see that shes not awake, of course shes not awake, shes fighting for her life in silence. Tears start rolling down my face as soon as i start my way over to her. I pull over a chair and sit next to her, staring at her. Angie, Angie baby please wake up. Stay with me. I plead in my head. my heart rate speeds as her hand twitches, her face moving to the side, but her eyes don't open.

"Angie if you can hear me, can you squeeze my hand?" After a few moments of nothing, i realize of course she cant hear me, its not like shes in a coma, shes sleeping. I get up and lay in the empty spot on her bed, wrapping her in my arms. "I love you." I murmured.

"Mr. Carter, oh sorry, but you only have five more minutes, we need to run more tests to make sure her body is responding to the blood transfusion." She said blushing walking out of the room. I nodded turning my attention back to lifeless Angie.

"Angie, its up to you, i hope you know that, if you want to stay here thats up to you, if you think its time for you to go then ill let you go." I said sobbing "But before you make your decision, i need you to know something, sooner or later i was going to ask you to marry me, since the first day i saw you, freshman year, i wanted you, the more i saw you and found out your personality, i wanted you to be mine and only mine in the future. I know that sounds lame that i wanted to wait so long. But i had  to get you to fall for me first. Just in case you turned me down.

"Gosh this feels good to get off my chest. Anyways, Angie that day you dissed me in the hallway, was a cliche chance to go after you, and it worked." I smiled. "Angie i seriously want to marry you, raise a family with you, and grow old with you. Please, give me a chance." I said tears are now rolling down my cheeks uncontrollably. I made no move for them to stop.

*****************

Angie Pov

"Dad, hurry wake me up! Wake me up! I'm ready!" i yelled as my heart moniter started to go crazy. Nurses and doctors came rushing in, they forced Mason out of the room, he stood at the door way, his face had a blank expression, his eyes held no emotion. Was this it? Is it too late?

"Angie, im sorry i dont know what to do, you wont wake up, youre dying." I screamed bloody murder and ran to the machine slamming my fists on it. "Angie, quit it." I slumped to the floor, tears rushing down my cheeks.

"I dont want to go!" I screamed as the doctors brought out the defibrillator, why would they bring that out? I just lost too much blood and now im dying! Restarting my heart isnt going to work!

"She's back." The doctor said. My head snapped up to see my bodys eyes opening. Everything starts to get blury before it turns completely black.

****************

A/N

well thats that. Im sorry if this was kinda confusing im not very good with the hospital stuff, that is exactly why im not interested in being a doctor or nurse.

Anyways thanks for reading, sorry for the long wait i didnt have access to my computer, then when i had it, it deleted the chapter, but.... i rewrote it. It was longer than usual. So, youre welcome.

Plz vote and comment

P.S not edited excuse grammar and misspellings

-Kelsey