Revelation [Part 16]

Getting near them, I walked as quietly and casually as I follow Thomas as close as I can without getting seen. He seems to be talking to Minho about something serious and he got mad, but then quickly regain himself. I caught Thomas saying about an idea, but he needed Minho and Newt to talk to someone. He gestured them to follow him then headed to the Slammer without waiting for a response from them. I followed suit, again, quietly. I hid behind some bushes that can see and hear them clearly talking to Teresa.

"Let her out" Thomas said as he stood by the cell door with arms folded. "Let her out and we'll talk. Trust me, you wanna hear about it"

Newt wasn't really in a good mood with his body covered in soot and dirt, his hair also matted with sweat. Minho just stands there with his hands on his hips, and finally said, "How can we trust her? She is the reason that our home is falling to pieces and she even admitted that she triggered something"

"You can trust me okay?! I can hear every word you say so I can speak for myself, thank you very much." Teresa paused, "I know I said I triggered something, but it's all very blurry but I know that I was sent here for a cause. I'm sorry that I can't explain what it means but I'm not responsible for any of this. I didn't want anybody to die"

Silence passed between them, until Minho said, "Fine. Just let the stupid girl out"

"I'm not stupid!" Teresa said from inside the Slammer. Minho just rolled his eyes and gestured Newt to open the door. A few clinks later the door swung wide open.

Teresa walked out of the small building, giving unpleasant glances to the boys except Thomas. I held my breath as she turns slowly to face Minho and Newt; She was utterly beautiful. I'm not saying it like 'I want her' kinda thing but girl-to-girl, she's just- beautiful. She has a pale complexion with contrasting dark hair and to add it up, startling ocean-blue eyes. Damn I could never beat that shit. But shuck me why do I care?

I quickly regain my consciousness and set to focus again to the mission at hand.

"Okay, so when Teresa was first coming out of her deep sleep, she had memories flashing through her mind. She um- she told me later that she remembers that the Maze is kind of a code. I don't know for sure, but I have a theory. Only, we really need the maps that had been burned..." Thomas said.

Minho glanced at Newt, and Newt nodded to him.

"We hid the maps, Thomas. We knew something could go wrong because of Alby's warning and because of the so-called Ending your girlfriend triggered" He sighed, then said "If you have a theory, start talking"

Thomas looked pumped and relieved at the same time. "Take me to them"

As the group approaches, I realized that something has been watching me for awhile like it wanted to eavesdrop as well. The red eyes startled me at first and I escaped a yelp, staggering backwards, exposing myself to the group.

Shit.

"Y/N! What the bloody hell are you doing here?!" Newt came limping to me.

What will I say what will I say?! Damn it.

"It appears to me that she'd been eavesdropping. And that Beetle Blade there too" Minho pointed as the Beetle Blade scurried away. "Wonder if the creators give a damn, but then again.."

"I- I'm sorry. I should've just approached you guys but I have this major feeling like this is inner circles only and well, I don't think I'm in that team" I explained.

Newt held my hand, warmth seeping from his. "It's fine, really. I know that you would understand, I mean from all the lot in the Glade. I think we can trust her" He said to the rest. Thomas quickly nodded his head, very much approving and I can see his blush forming. Teresa smiled, "It's never a bad idea to have another girl around" she chuckled. Minho eyed me but I knew. I can tell from his eyes that he agrees, even though he didn't say anything but curtly nodded with a hint of a smirk.

And now, to the maps.

Note:

GUYSSSSSSSSSSS IT'S BEEN 2 YEARS WTH I CAN'T EVEN EXPLAIN TO YOU HOW GOOD IT FEELS TO WRITE AGAIN!!!

I hope you accept my apologies because of my abandonment of this book but here I am, making it up to you guys!

BTW, I need to remind you that I made this book's timeline faster than the original books because I mainly focus on your relationship with Gally and the rest of the Gladers. For you guys who don't read the books, I reccommend you to read the original books because it is WAY better than the movies:( but you know, it's just based on my opinion.

Alright so I can't tell how often will I update because I'm a bundle of mess (aren't we all) and college will start soon. I'm applying to dozens of regional unis (pray for me!) and apparently tomorrow is  the announcement and I'm literally dying inside. Sorry for the little rant here I know you probably don't care lol.

I'll update a new chapter tomorrow! Vote and comment, I love you guys. Thank you for amazing 8,7k views.

Dunda x