Bumped [Part 3]

Jeff came back with a glass of water and an aspirin for me. I gladly took them and said thank you to him.

"I think there seemed to be no problem, maybe you're just tired and in need of extra rest. You already told Winston yet?" Clint asked after he checked my nose.

"Yeah, Gally's on his way to The Slicer by now I guess. Thanks for everything guys" I smiled. They gave a 'no problem' then left to check some other Gladers. There weren't many people, and the building was small but it has an upper level. Feeling tired and have nothing to do; I finally took the aspirin and slept.

***

Gally jogged to the Slicer and hollered,

"Ey Winston?" Winston emerged from his workshop with his plastic slicer apron all bloody and a knife in one hand.

"What's up?"

Gally furrowed his eyebrows and Winston looked down to what Gally saw and grinned.

"Sorry for the mess, I was working on one for tonight's celebration, that greenie looks suspicious though. By the way, do you know where Y/N is?"

Gally ran his hand to his neck and sighed.

"That's why I came here. She's not coming today, she's sick. I think she's gonna take a day off or two, if you don't mind."

Winston waved a hand as he washed his hands.

"As for the greenie, I already disagreed from day one with him, man. He and Chuck even tricked me!" Gally put his hands on his hips.

Winston raised his eyebrow and crossed his arms.

"What trick?" with that, Gally's face went red. He can't tell Winston that they saw him klunking, it will bring down his reputation! He is Captain Gally after all.

"Just something. And it's NOT funny. Ugh I'm going back to the Med-Jacks now" he blabbered, face still red. "Okay, tell Y/N to get well soon, I still need an assistant here"

Gally nodded and headed out.

Doing so, he bumped into someone.

"Hey watchit will y-"

When he saw the person who bumped him, he scowled and crossed his arms. His eyes drift to see someone beside that person.

"Alby" Gally nodded.

He assumed that he was taking the greenbean for an introduction of the Glade.

"Gally. Just taking greenie here to show him around. I bet you guys already know each other; and as I told you just now, Gally here is the Keeper of the Builders, and Winston over there, is the Keeper of the Slicers. You now greenie, is to get a job whether it's a Builder, Slicer, Track-Hoe, Slopper, Med-Jack, Bagger or... others" Alby said.

Gally now looked at the newbie, Thomas.

"What about a Runner?"

Gally laughed and gave him a mean look. "Ha. A Runner? You won't last a day there greenie. Don't get your hopes too high"

Alby touched his chest and told him to slim it.

Gally decided to leave; remembering that he still got Y/N's breakfast with him.

He ran on.