Confusion [Part 7]

The Med-Jacks has taken the new girl to rest; she was in a coma like I did when I arrived.

Gally went back to his job with the other Builders, not even speaking to me after the incident.

Newt took Thomas to the infirmary because his nose was bleeding from Gally's punch.

From those three incidents, I sense a Gathering coming, but maybe they're going to wait for Alby and Minho to get back.

It started raining and we all waited at the Homestead. But before we knew it, it's getting late and the Gladers were starting to get worried.

Where are they?

The rain stopped and we hurried to the doors, waiting. Thomas came to Newt and asked, "What happens if they don't make it?"
Newt calmly answered, "They're gonna make it"
Still not sure, he settled down in the grass, waiting.

Gally is near the door, still not speaking to me. He's squatting in the grass and his eyes are so focused into the maze. I crossed my arms, my eyes still fixed on him.

What is wrong with you? Why do you feel so mad about Thomas?

Suddenly Thomas stands up and walked up front, Chuck beside him.

"They should be back by now; couldn't we send somebody after them? Search them?" he asked, worry detected in his voice. "It's against the rules" Gally answered briskly. "Can't risk more people to go out there" Newt added.

Everyone was standing up now. The wind from the maze came, indicating that the door is closing.

Thomas suddenly shouted, "There! I see them!"
The boys were tall, blocking out my view entirely but then I see it. A black spot emerged far from the maze, and slowly got bigger. There were two shadows now and it looks like someone is heaving something big and heavy.

The doors were getting closer to close now, and we figured that the black spot was Minho, heaving Alby.

There were shouts everywhere, encouraging them to hurry.

Just the second that it was going to close, suddenly Thomas ran to the Maze.

The door shuts completely, leaving us shocked and horrified. Gally got up and ran to the direction of the forest. Gladers were holding their heads, frustrated, sat on the grass, or left. Chuck is at the mouth of the door, standing still.

I wanted to go to Chuck, maybe assuring him that Thomas would be fine or maybe say something to cheer him up, but instead, I followed Gally to the forest, running as fast as I could.

"Gally! Gally! Please come back, what is wrong with you?!" I shouted in frustration and finally saw his back.
He paused, chest heaving. A tear slipped to my cheeks and I wiped it, but more came back.

"Please... turn to me. Shuck it, Turn to me and face ME!"

He slowly turned his back and I saw his face. It was red, covered with sweat or maybe tears; or both.

"What? What's wrong? Gally please tell me" I slowly let the words out.

He walked to me slowly.

"Stay... away... from me..." his face went dark and his whole body is trembling. He let out those words with such effort that it scared me. He turned and ran deeper into the dark forest.

No, something's wrong...

I knelt in the green grass, letting my legs collapse and cried.

A twig snapped and my head instantly spun. Newt.

"Why are you here? Did you run? You're not supposed to be running" I lectured him while sobbing.
The sobbing continued and I cried, letting my feelings go. Newt came to me and held my shoulders from behind.

"I hate to break it to you love, but I think you need to come back. It's really, really late and we can worry about things back in there okay?" He said, jabbing a thumb past his shoulders. I sniffled and nodded. Newt still held onto my shoulders until we went back.

I realized my energy has been drowned drastically. Of course, why wouldn't I be? The emotional roller coaster the past couple of days were exhausting, not to mention this weird headache and all. Newt realized that also, so he took me to the Med-Jacks again.

"You're gonna be fine here, right? You want me to call someone for you? Get anything? Take you somewhere maybe? Can't go out alone at night, not letting you also"

I smirked at his concerned face and was going to say no, but then I thought of Frypan.

"Okay then, let's go to Frypan's, if you don't bother"
His face turned to mock, "Psshht" and I laughed.

"Good, I want to see that smile of yours again. Now let's go" He offered me his hand and I took it. We walked to Frypan's and there weren't any Gladers except himself. Newt said goodbye and I sat near Frypan.

"Girl, what happened?" he looked to me sadly and quickly made me tea. He really knows how to cheer people up with his food or anything that he makes.

"I don't know, I feel really messed up... Gally, acting all weird. I mean, the angry part is always a part of him, but I never seen him this angry before. Then the Maze, driving me crazy; Alby, Minho, and Thomas, trapped in there. This stupid headache; I don't know. Mixed feelings?" I looked down at my cup.

Frypan listened to my story thoughtfully and replied, "He always said that he has a suspicious feeling with Thomas, but I think it's just because he's new and these weird things are coming up right after he came. And I think he's angry just because he wants to protect the Glade from anything dangerous, even when it means saving us from the Maze. I know it sounds silly, but that's Gally. For Alby, Minho and Thomas? I still have faith in them like Chuck does. I know Thomas is kinda suspicious, but I think he's going to make a good change to us"

I smiled hearing his talk and cheered up. I've always loved Frypan like my own brother, because he was always there for me and Gally.

"Now go to sleep, get some rest, and come back in the morning for breakfast. Maybe you could take a break from the slicing and help me right here. Who knows? Maybe I'll let you have a cookie or two" He winked as I agreed.

I went back to my bed at the infirmary and took my medicine again before going to sleep.

Note :
I'm baaaack do ya miss me? Do ya?
(I bet you don't okay)

Soo, longest I've done so far I think! I haven't continued to write again because I'm so lazy and my laptop sucks.

BTW THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 150+ READS!

It's not really that special maybe but I think I'm so grateful that you guys liked it or idk!

Once again, TYSM!

Dunda x

EDITED!