Promise [Part 9]

Newt was just coming out of the Homestead when he spotted me.

"Y/N, why are you crying? Again? God, I spotted you crying like, twice now. If I see you crying again one more time, I promise I will hit him for ignoring you. Oh no, c'mere" He gestured me to his arms and I lay my head to the crook of his neck. I stopped crying, but buried my face in his shoulders and immediately smell grass and his sweat.

He rubbed my back, and guided me into his bed at Homestead to sit me on it.

"Now; tell me"

He sits in front of me and waited. I take a deep breath and exhaled.

"Gally decided to come and visit me, and scared the hell out of me in the infirmary"

Newt's eyes widened. "What? He wasn't supposed to come near you! Shuck, he didn't hit you or something right?"

I shake my head and he holds my hands gently.

"He just said sorry, for ignoring me these past few days but when I asked him for a reason why he hit Thomas, he didn't say anything. Whatever his reasons are, it's still wrong"

I didn't say that Gally tried to kiss me and I made him feel hurt. That part was too much to bear and I couldn't bring myself to speak about it. Newt shifted his seating to my left and slung his arm to my shoulder. I am so tired of all the crying and let myself be embraced by Newt.

I saw a shadow pass right at the corner of my eye but before I realized it, I slept at Newt's shoulder.

When I wake up, I wasn't in Newt's shoulder anymore.

I'm lying at his bed, curling like a cat. I turned to the window and saw that it was still dark, but with usual torches around the Glade.

I must've slept only for a while then, I thought.

I hear shouts outside so I quickly sprint there.

It's bonfire night and I've got a bad feeling. I immediately turn to the fighting circle and saw Gally and Newt beginning the second round.

Why the hell these past two days needs to have fighting in it?

I pushed my way to the front and the shouts get louder. They were circling each other, until Gally shoved Newt to the ground.

"Why in the world did I see you with Y/N, huh?"

His words were barely hearable from all the shouting but I heard it clearly as if all the sound around me has been shut out.

"Well, where were you when she's feeling down?!" Newt shoved him and they were up again.

Gally's face retorted between hurt and angry as he punched Newt in the groin.
Newt winced, but he punched Gally back, which surprised him. Newt finally got Gally pinned at the ground, and the other Gladers started counting.

"One..., Two..., Three..., Four..., Five! Newt wins!" They all cheered as the fight ended.

I hide myself behind a few boys that lingered as I saw Newt got up.

"Gally, I don't wanna fight you anymore; but you need to make up with Y/N. She loves you, Gally. Just don't mess it up"

Gally struggles to sit up and looks at Newt in the eye.

"I love her too, but I'm afraid that she won't ever forgive me"

Newt smirked mockingly in response, "Oh she will" He turned his back, ready to leave.

"Oh right, one last thing"

Gally raised an eyebrow.

"You can go to Y/N now. IF, you promise me not to act weirdly again"