#21- A Malhotra's Promise

#21-A Malhotra's Promise

Mukti stood placing her back to the pillar, listening to every single word the boys spoke from the moment Manik sat down at the table. She walked out of the canteen with a certain spark of determination. She finally knew what she's supposed to do, to mend this broken friendship and she didn't wish to waste a single moment in idle brooding.

**********************************************

".....isi liye hum chahte hain ki aap iss par vichar karein. Koi pressure nahi hai, agar aapka mann rachta hain toh hi hamein apni razamandi dena." Panditji explained

(...which is why I want you to think over it. No pressure, give your consent only if your heart agrees.)

"Ji, pandit ji." She joined her hands and left the class, to join Navya and Aryaman.

"Kya hua?" Navya asked curiously. Aryaman stood beside Navya, his face held a tinge of nervousness.

"Aryaman," Nandini crossed her arms, "Did you really ask him that?" she asked suspiciously.

"Shit!" He whispered and shut his eyes.

Before Nandini could say anything else Aryaman started.
"Sorry sorry sorry I know I should have asked you first but God knows what came upon me maine seedha panditji se pooch liya sorry sorry sorry!" he blurted in one breath.

Navya was muddled by their little conversation while Nandini sighed helplessly.

 "Aryaman! Tumhe sirf mere saath kyu perform karna hai?" Nandini asked, "You're too talented to be my partner and I know you can get the best musician for this fest

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"Aryaman! Tumhe sirf mere saath kyu perform karna hai?" Nandini asked, "You're too talented to be my partner and I know you can get the best musician for this fest. Why me only?"

Navya slowly understood what they were talking about. Aryaman had gone to panditji and requested that he would take part in the upcoming fest only if he has Nandini as his partner. Panditji, after discussing with the classical co-ordinator Meera Tridevi who happily agreed, went and directly asked Nandini for her consent, which is why she was in for a shock when Panditji approached her with the offer.

He sighed. He knew lying right now wasn't an option, so he chose to put his feelings straight.

"Because, I swear I've never found my tunes so perfectly blend into another's, until you showed up beside me on stage." He exclaimed. "And I don't think I'll find anyone better than you...for me." He bit his lower lip.

Navya widened her eyes in shock at his confession. So did Nandini.

"I... need some time..." she hung her head low, "I mean... I don't know how to put it... no one ever complimented me like that... and...uh.." she chuckled in hesitation, "You know... no one came up with an offer like this before!" she scratched her head.

MaNan FF - Angel In Disguiseजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें