#27- A Friend In Need

Manik turned and cautiously pulled open the slightly ajar door to take a step out. He gave a last glance inside and shook his head slowly dejectedly before leaving. No sooner had he taken three steps away from the place than he heard it- her voice, the melody he waited with all his hard-built patience for.

"Manzilein ruswaa hain....Khoya hain raasta..."

And he regretted.

In one swift move, Manik reached the back door and pulled the knob with all his might- only to find the door locked.

"Aaye le jaaye... itni si iltijaa..."

"Damnit!" Manik pulled, pushed and tried every other way it could open the door but to no avail. He could hear faint voices of the singer but in no way could he mistake it to be anyone else. He then remembered that he might have pressed the lock button when he hit the doorknob in rage.

"Yeh meri zamaanat hai, tu meri amaanat hai... . Aaaaaa!"

Manik leaned his head to the door to listen to the only voice his heart had been craving for. He smiled in content, his eyes shut in relaxation. The music was doing its magic to his soul, again.

"Mujhko iraade de, kasmein de vaade de,
Meri duaaon ke isharo ko sahare de..."

Manik stood straight with a determined face, ready to find out the face behind the voice. He was not going to lose her this time.

"Dil ko thikaane de, naye bahaane de,
Khwabon ki barishon ko Mausam ke paimane de,"

Manik rushed towards the window with the kind of hope Nandini held for him, only to find the windows locked and curtains blinded from within.

"Apne karam ki kar adayein,"
He ran to the second window.

"Kar de idhar bhi tu nigahein..."
And the third.

"Sunn raha haina tu,"

Manik rushed towards the main door, all this while constantly trying Nandini's call to which he got no response.

"Ro rahi hoon main..."

The main door was locked from inside. Had he remembered that it was Aryaman who entered last, the song which had put Manik under spell a while ago would have been Aryaman's last song.

"Sunn raha haina tuu;
Kyun ro rahi hoon main..."

He sighs and messages Nandini.
'She's the one!'

"Yaaraa... Aaaaa..."

And she stopped singing.

"Beautiful!" said Meeraji to Nandini, "I was waiting to hear the song again! I had seen your audition performance and I was stunned! Your voice, it makes me crave for more. Panditji is going to make a diamond out of you!" she said.

MaNan FF - Angel In Disguiseजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें