#37- To Fight a Lost Battle

#37 - To Fight a Lost Battle

The doorbell rang for the second time. Nandini left the cutting board on the table and dashed to open the door.

A boy with four boxes of pizza patiently stood at the door. "Manik Malhotra?"

Nandini narrowed her eyes, "Uh, yes

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Nandini narrowed her eyes, "Uh, yes...No!" she furrowed her brows, "he doesn't stay here!"

"Ma'am yehi address diya hai." He showed his phone, "Jaldi lelo, meko dusre orders bhi hain!"

Nandini stared at him wondering what to do when chacha came to her rescue. Nandini ran to her phone and dialed Manik's number.

"Humne order nahi kiya hain." Chacha told the delivery boy who was getting annoyed by then.
"Waisey toh kisi ka food lena is not good manners, but," he peered at the four boxes, then at the kitchen's mess, "right house dhundte dhundte, tumhara petrol waste hojayega, aur pizzas bhi thanda ho jayega." His eyes shone at the green sticker indicating the pizzas were vegetarian. "Kitna pay karna hai?"

"Sir, paid hai." The boy said and shoved the boxes of pizza in his hands and walked away before chacha could even argue.

Nandini stared at the scene agape. Manik was not picking up. Wanting to know if Manik had, in fact, sent the food to her place, she sent him a message.

Call me right now.

******************************************

"Call me right now??!!" Cabir read out the message from Manik's pop-up notifications with shock-horror. He gazed at Manik taking a not-so-energetic Mukti to the bar side. Stealthily, he picked up Manik's phone and opened the lock he somehow knew the password to which would be about Fab Five.

*Your order has been delivered.*

Cabir read and turned to the door. The sight of Mukti being escorted by Manik told him there had been no food delivered to this place. That's when he tapped on the delivered address to find out Manik ordered for someone living in the middle-class area of Matunga Mandir. It didn't take much of Cabir's brains to join the dots and come to the conclusion that Manik ordered for food at Nandini's place where he was about to go, if he hadn't found him at the doorstep.

"Bro," Manik shouted from the other end as Cabir quickly kept the phone back, "Come to the bar side. And get my phone please."

"What's up?" Cabir hit Mukti's back as she passed him a dry smile.

"Hey. What are you doing here?" Mukti raised a brow, "Shots ke liye company chahiye thi toh mujhe bhi bula leta!" she said.

Cabir passed a hesitant smile. "Tu aa gayi na anyway!"

 "Tu aa gayi na anyway!"

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।
MaNan FF - Angel In Disguiseजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें