#12- The Wrong Diary

Mukti was eyeing Alya suggesting that they shouldn't keep it from manik for long. Though it wasn't a really big thing for her, but it could somewhere spoil their family in a friendship of Fab five.

But Alya denied.

The rest could see some unspoken communication happening, but chose to ignore.

Cabir suggested to move to canteen as he is hungry.

And Manik, he stood upon the realization that in all these chaos, he literally forgot Raghav's project that he's supposed to do with Nandini.
And for the first time since Mukti got him paired with Nandini by intention, he regrets having her as his partner.
Because he will again cheat. And Nandini Murthy hates cheating.

************************************************************

"Navyaaaa... sir ko bass ek hi stanza chahiye. 6-7 lines are enough. Fir hum ispe hi song bana denge. No other option." Sitting in the canteen with two plates of sandwich, a cup of coffee and chai, Nandini went on to explain Navya about the small intricacies of song-composing she had learnt from her amms.

After lots of thinking, a dozen of arguments and lot of paper wastage, they were finally able to compose in writing, a fine piece of 7- lined stanza which looked straight out of a song.

There were still fifteen minutes for the hour-long break to get over, and Nandini was relaxed.

Fab five, on the other hand, weren't. Everyone had some or the other thing on their mind. What was slightly surprising here was that they revolved around Nandini and Navya only.
Dhruv here constantly had on his mind, an urge to approach Nandini, to ask for forgiveness. Alya and Mukti were in two minds whether or not to share their not-so-little secret and if yes, how. And even though, like Cabir, Manik should've been thinking about what to present to Raghav sir in the next twenty minutes, he was busy staring at Nandini from the other corner since past five minutes.
And Nandini Murthy in her discussions with Navya didn't even spare him a glance.

"Baba Manik," Cabir whispered, "Apka dhyaan galat jagah nahi jaa raha?"

Manik gave him a 'what's-your-problem' look.

"Raghav ke stupid thing ka solution mil gaya mujhe. Maine aur Navya ne ek tooti-footi composing bana li thi, ussi ko thik kardiya maine. Tera kya haal hai?"

"Mera haal..." he stretched his arms up, passing a sly smirk towards Nandini who was absolutely unaware of his presence, "Tu class mein dekh lena."

"Dekh mai tujhe already bol chuka hun. Nandini ko kisi bhi problem mein nahi dalega tu. Do you get that?" Cabir warned Manik. An observant Dhruv sitting beside could see Manik was upto something but chose not to interfere.

"Tu chill kar. Vadapav kha." He said pointing to his plate. "Main aata hu. Aur... sambhal le please." Manik told cabir eyeing Fab5 and went away.

Cabir shook his head at Manik's unpredictable nature and hoped with all hopes that Nandini shouldn't get hurt because of him.

Nandini and Navya along with Aryaman were heading for Raghav sir's lecture, when Manik made them aware of his gracious presence by dragging Nandini to a corner.

"Tumhari paltan ko bhagao yaha se kuch important baat karni hai." He commanded.

Nandini softly requested them to wait for her in the class.

"Kya hai? Aisa kaun kheechta hai?" Nandini said, irritated.

"Main. And, why didn't you remind me of Raghav's project haan?" He pulled her arm and complained.

MaNan FF - Angel In Disguiseजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें