#26- One Door Away

Nandini, on the other hand, stared at him in wonder. She tried to connect the dots. When he said pain, she had no clue what he was referring to. The moment he talked about the voice that had caught his attention, for so long, she completed the maze. She understood that Manik had found a connection to his pain in that girl's voice. And that he is desperately seeking for empathy from that one person, that one person he believes, who can understand the magnanimity of his suffering.

She had indeed solved this puzzle.

Manik was busy prying his eyes away from Nandini's unfaltered gaze when Nandini's cell rang.

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"Ha Navya..." Nandini diverted her attention to Navya's talks.

"Oh wow! Where?"

"Yes, I'm coming! Bye!" she said and cut the call.

Manik raised his brows. "What made you so excited?"

Nandini smiled wholeheartedly, "The solution to your problem!"

"What?"

Nandini smiled, shook her head, held his hand and dragged him with her.

**********************************************

Plastering his face to the glass window of the air-conditioned classical hall, Manik taunted Nandini.

"Damn, this is the ultimate solution to my problem!" he turned to face her, "The Bhajan Hall! Excellent!" he clapped. "Hundred problems, one solution- Jai Shri Ram! No?" he smirked in annoyance.

Nandini had almost lifted her fist to punch him. She gave him a death-glare with her big doe-shaped eyes which did anything but scare Manik.

"Keep your mouth shut and do what I say!" she pointed a finger at him.

"Listen," she looked around to see if anyone is within hearing range, "Navya ne bataya, aaj Panditji nahi aane wale. Meeraji is going to have a session with classical girls. Obviously, since you're a boy, you're not allowed inside." She said looking through the glass. "So, you need to sneak in."

Manik swiftly turned his head.

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।
MaNan FF - Angel In Disguiseजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें