#22- A Destined Coincidence

~We don't meet people by accident. They're meant to cross our paths for a reason.~

#22- A Destined Coincidence

8:30 P.M
Murthy Villa.

Nandini walked inside her home all wet since she had forgotten to carry her umbrella to college. She freshened up and came for dinner. She informed chachi-chacha and Rishabh about all the fests about to start in the college and how she has practices along with lectures.

Just as she was about to get up, Aditi pinged her to come online on video. She ran upstairs and opened her laptop. Her face lit up at Aditi and Abhimanyu's sight. Abhi silently observed her little innocent face as she chattered away to glory with Aditi. He was a little more than scared. Results of the new treatment on him were about to come the next day which would decide if he will be allowed to go to India or stay here and rot in the hospital.

"Abhi? Where are you lost?" Nandini asked as she laughed at one of Aditi's jokes.

Abhi smiled and shook his head. "Nanhi, mera ek kaam karegi?"

Nandini shook her head and laughed while Abhi gave her an amused look.

"Nahi. India aao and khud karo." She replied and stuck out her tongue at him.

"Tum yeh kardo mere liye, I promise mein India jaldi aa jaunga phir." He asked.

Nandini stopped laughing and nodded. Aditi looked on curiously at them through the screen.

"I'm sending you some money. Make a demand draft and give it to an orphanage. I'll send you the address of the place." He said.

Nandini scrunched her brows, "But you just said you're coming soon na? Then you only go and give."

Abhi sighed and licked his lips, "Nanhi I don't have time."

Aditi had an alarmed look on her face.

"Why?" Nandini asked.

"I mean," he stammered, "the orphanage, they are in need of money. They don't have much time. My donation will help them na baby... Please, go?"

Nandini sat mum for sometime, then agreed. Aditi also convinced her to spend time with the kids there since she is going anyway.

A sleepy Nandini finally called it a night and went to sleep after a hearty talk with the duo.

Aditi and Abhi sat silently for sometime at their ends respectively. Finally Aditi asked him.

"You promised her to come soon. What are your plans, Abhi?"

Abhi sighed, leaned his head on the headrest and calmly replied.
"No choice Aditi. Kal treatment ke results aayenge. Even if it's negative, I can't stay here anymore. I don't know when I may go off to sleep forever... tonight, tomorrow, one week later, one month later or even live a year... I... I can't take a chance with Nandini yaar she..." he choked on his words as he spoke, "Do you remember how difficult it was," he asked, "when her parents...they...passed away... do you remember how many years, how many months it took for me to see a smile on her face? To bring hope?" he asked in a distressed state.

"Two years," replied Aditi, "six months and three weeks. I remember."

***********************************************************
Next Day
S.P.A.C.E Academy

It was a buzzing day at the college with the preparations of the upcoming festivities going on in full swing. Bouts of enthusiasm reflected on the faces of all the performing artistes who were working to leave no stone unturned to rock it on the stage. Navya, Nandini, Aryaman and even Harshad were keeping their nose to grindstone for this competition.

MaNan FF - Angel In Disguiseजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें