#24- One Thing Left

#24- One Thing Left

"Tu sahi keh raha hai." I told him. He didn't get what I meant but I knew. Her one look and all I feel is peace. And when my presence reminds her of what she went through, that look in her eyes is too disturbing for me. I love her eyes, I hate what she holds in them for me.

**********************************************

8A.M

Dhruv came out of his room to witness a sleepy sight- Alya and Mukti curled up in a corner of the big couch, Manik on the smaller sofa resting his long legs on the centre table and Cabir sprawled on the ground resting his head on the sofa.

Dhruv smiled whole-heartedly. Even though Fab Five had broken, they still came together for him. All for one and one for all, they did follow the latter part of the rule, if not first. He slowly woke them up one by one and soon all four started asking him about his health and didn't leave him until they were convinced.

Dhruv's mom came out of the kitchen and told them to freshen up before breakfast.

"It feels so good to see each and everyone I love under the same roof." Dhruv suddenly exclaimed, sitting amongst his Fab Five and his mom.

"Le ab tu philosophy jhaad." Cabir chided and Mukti choked on her sandwich. Dhruv was confused but chose to ignore the statement.

"Buddy!" Manik exclaimed, "I'm so sorry yaar. I became an irresponsible jerk yesterday, seriously." His forehead creased.

"Manik it's not your fault, it was my mistake." Dhruv replied.

"What mistake?" Cabir asked.

"I-" Dhruv stopped. He was about to tell Fab Five about Rishabh's drawing being the picture of his nightmares and all that Nandini told him about the attacks that her brother, too, suffers from.

"I...I didn't want to tell... Nandini, about this. I kept mum and it worsened." He said.

"It worsened?" Manik freaked out, "Buddy how did you handle it? Shit man I should've been there!" Manik held his head.

"Relax. Nandini was there." Dhruv patted his shoulder, "Believe it or not, she was able to kill the throbbing in my head."

His mom intervened, "She sang for Dhruv, the way you do Manik. Uski aawaz itni meethi hai, ek baar suna toh hamesha sunn ne ka mann kare!" she smiled in wonder, "Tum sab ne toh Nandini ko perform karte hue bhi dekha hoga na?"

"Ma, Nandini classical student hai. Humne uski classroom performances nahi dekhi hai." Dhruv replied. "But you'll be mesmerized guys. She is undeniably talented." He said admirably.

The five people on the table stared at him with full attention. Dhruv, while telling them what all Nandini did to calm him down, realized why she knew all these techniques. Her brother, as she said, undergoes the same trauma every month. He saw the pain to see a loved one suffering in her eyes and it somehow resembled his mother's- the concern, the prayers and the hope, he could see it all.

After all that Dhruv told them, Manik asked just one question.

"How did she know all of this?"

Dhruv hesitated for a moment. He didn't feel it was right to share a secret someone entrusted you with. Nandini, for the first time, had trusted him with such a personal problem, he decided not to disclose it unless she herself wishes to.

"God knows. But I'm thankful that she became my friend even after what we did." His voice went shallow by the end of his sentence and while his mother sat confused, each of Fab Five felt guilty. Even Alya felt bad, somewhere her conscience decided to finally tell her that Nandini is not how she has picturized her to be. If she can help Dhruv without any expectation, she is difficult to be doubted for breaking a relation.

MaNan FF - Angel In Disguiseजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें