XXXV

LUKE'S POV
"Come on, baby. We got to go home." I said.

I watched her shake her head no.

"I know you don't want to. But we can't stay here all day." I said.

She sighed and took my hand.

I felt her squeeze it as she tried to keep up with me.

"Wait. Are you limping?" I asked.

"Must've fallen on something while I was running. Or I hit my foot hard on a tree branch." She shrugged.

I picked her up and carried her back to the apartment.

It was easy considering how light she still is.

I put her down as we reach the front door.

"Thank for coming with me, Chris." I said.

"Of course. I see how much you love her and it makes me think of how much I love my girlfriend." He said as I unlocked the front door.

The only person that left was Weston.

"Are you guys finally ready to apologize to Marg?" Griffin asked.

Why is she still here?

She's the whole reason why Ryder ran away.

"We don't have to apologize for anything. We have nothing to apologize for." I said.

"Um yeah you do. You started dating another girl while Margarita was obviously into you. And your little playmate caused a scene when we were trying to help Marg feel better." She explained.

"You guys should be apologizing. Because of all the yelling, Ryder almost had a panic attack." I said.

"But she didn't. Now apologize." Margarita said.

"No. I will never apologize for being in love with someone who isn't you. I'm human and have feelings and emotions I shouldn't apologize for that. As for Ryder, you guys caused that rush of panic through her head. She's limping for god's sake. If anyone deserves an apology it should be Ryder." I said defending myself and my girl.

Griffin scoffed.

"Fine. I see how it's going to be. Let's go guys." She said as Margarita followed behind.

"You coming with, babe?" She asked Mikey.

He glanced at Chris, Ryder, and I then at Griffin and Margarita.

"Yeah I'm coming." He said.

Nice to know where our friendship lies.