the plot.

THIS SEIRES WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS!!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!

basically, its giant humanoids trying to take over humanity by eating people. we don't know why they do this, but their is a theory by squad leader Hange (or hanji) Zoe that the titans don't digest humans. it is said that they throw them back up. Eren Jaeger (or Yeager, he's the main character) its one of this first DISCOVERED titan shifter, (he can turn into a titan by harming himself in anyway). we don't know who is the first titan shifter, it maybe his uncle Zeke Jaeger,  or Ymir Fritz. in the manga (I say manga bc they haven't showed it on the anime yet) Eren's dad and Mikasa Ackerman's (up coming chapters will explain why he adopted her) adoptive father Girsha Jaeger, injected Eren with the tian serum to save Eren and let him devour Girsha. 

yes, it sounds cruel and crazy, but Eren's dad wanted to save him. so, he turned his son into a titan and let himself get eaten by his son. Grisha's last words were- Eren! You'll understand the truth someday, if you visit the ! It will be a harsh, painful journey...but you must reach it! If you want to save ,  and everyone else...you must learn to control this !  and then he gave Eren the key to the basement and injected him. 

(more on Grisha on another chapter.)

(Scouting Legion flag)

the scouting legion (or survey corps) is basically a military branch that goes on an expedition that involves in direct titan combat, titan study, (mostly done by hange zoe), human expansion (they do this to try and wipe out all the titans), and for outside exploration. the survey corps have the best soldiers that are skilled in 3DMG (3 dimensional maneuvering gear). even though they never success often, they represent the "hope of mankind" with their wings of freedom crest. the commander of the survey corps is Erwin Smith (who recently retired and then he made Hange Zoe commander) 

(MP flag)

then there is the military police (or for short MP), they have the highest status due to their work. the mostly tend to the citizens and the king, they basically take care of problems with in wall territory. they don't come in any contact with the titans, so they have to have special permission to have 3DMG, but they usually carry firearms. they are also in charge of tax collecting and land distribution. the commander, Nile Dok, orders the military police to evacuate all citizens when their was damage being done in the Stohess district by Eren and Annie Leonhart in titan form.

(Garrison Regiment flag) 

The Garrison is the largest military branch, which protect and order within the walls

The Garrison is the largest military branch, which protect and order within the walls. since they have the same duties as the MP's, they also have Titan contact so they have 3DMG. since they cant have two of the same divisions, the garrison maintains the walls defenses, keeping a look out for titans, security detail, crowd control, and rifle usage. they repair the walls, patrol the walls, and also do improvements incase if anything happens. (such as the colossal titan.) they even deal with citizen evacuation and have emergency plans for when the walls are breached to make sure the citizens survive. the garrison has over 30,000 soldiers, since the military police do almost nothing, and the scouting legion is too scary, the garrison is a safe but also helpful job for those who want to help humanity without dying, unlike the military police usually don't give a damn and drink alcohol and avoid work on work duty. Dot Pyxis, the commander, is a big reason why Eren Jaeger survived to live another day (on another chapter.)

the walls, are three large structures located on Paradis island. that guard the remains of Eldia. they were built by the 145th king of Eldia, Karl Fritz, a century ago by using countless colossus titans. (yes, there are titans in the walls). The Eldians inside were taught that they are the last remnants of humanity who built the Walls to protect themselves from the titans. the walls are 50 meters high from top to bottom made with a very strong substance. even though, the female titan (Annie Leonhart) and the beast titan (Zeke Jaeger) were able to damage the walls from Annie trying to climb over, and the beast titan was throwing pieces. The Walls are too long to be guarded in their entirety. The tops of the Walls are lined with canons mounted on rails which can fire on approaching ; however, they are not particularly effective due to the Titan's regeneration abilities. To account for this, each Wall has four towns on their periphery known as "districts." As Titans are drawn towards large concentrations of people, humanity can focus its defenses on these districts and repel the Titans more effectively. The districts are considered the worst places to live as they are at greater risk of a Titan invasion.

wall Maria is the largest wall, then wall Rose being second largest, and Wall sina (or sheena) being the smallest for the king and the other rich. (the poor living in the underground). the walls got their names from Ymir Fritz three daughters, Maria, Rose, and Sina. 

in 845, wall Maria was breached by the colossal titan (Bertholdt hoover, and it was 60 meters), kicking a large hole in wall Maria, letting in titans and the Armored titan (Reiner Braun.) five years after, Trost district is breached, though it ultimately survives due to the intervention of Eren , while also ensuring the local population's survival. Some time later, Wall Sheena and are heavily damaged when Eren battles the female titan. on the same day, the small village Ragako is overtaken by titans.

We cannot permit the to keep up this abuse. We cannot allow this absurd situation to continue as we count down the days to humanity's extinction. These measures are now the only way for humanity to survive.  - Erwin Smith.

they basically over throw the royal government, after the successful coup d'état, the survey corps returns to Shiganshina District and successfully seals the hole in Wall Maria.

wall Rose's districts - Utopia (north), Karanes(east), Trost(south), and Krovla (west)

Wall sina's districts- Orvud(north), Stohess(east), Ehrmich(south), Yarckel (west), and finally the Mitras (inner/underground).

------

feel free to ask questions, I will answer in chapters!!!!!