The Run In

"Over there," Rose said to one of the movers as she glanced down at her clipboard; checking the box that let her know her shipment has come in. She was really coming up in the business, and she was looking to expand. Rose's boutique was becoming one of the most famous boutique's down in Atlanta, and she was so grateful for it.

"Ma'am I believe that's it," one of the movers said to her as he too was checking off everything on the list to make sure everything was there.

"Quincy," Rose said, frowning a bit. "What did I tell you about calling me ma'am?" she said. "I'm only 21," she chuckled.

"Yes, but I was brought up to always treat and give a woman of your caliber my upmost respect Miss Rose," he said, blushing a little.

Rose smiled, and she walked over to him. "Well I appreciate your kindness but please call me Rose," she smiled, before kissing his cheek.

"Sure thing," he grinned, and blushing more. "Until next time Miss Rose," he said, leaving.

"Until next time!" she shouted after him before getting things put into place. The shop was getting ready to open in thirty minutes and she was nowhere near ready.

' I knew I shouldn't of gone out last night," she thought.

"Good morning," she heard a voice from behind her say as she was unpacking her items and placing them onto the shelves and fashionista dummies.

"I'm sorry!" she said over her shoulder, dressing up the dummy. "The store will open in the next 25 minutes," she said, not looking back.

"I'm not here to shop. I came to see you."

Rose turned around, and she was now face to face with the guy from the club. "Are you stalking me now?" she said, folding her arms across her chest.

"Nah," August chuckled, walking towards her. "I just came to check this place out. Talk around town is that this is the best boutique in Atlanta," he said.

"Hm, that is true. But you came here to a women's only boutique to just check it out?" she asked, raising a brow.

August smiled, "Okay you got me," he said. "I did my research on the place, and when I found out that it was you who owns it I just had to come down here to see it and well you."

Rose couldn't help but blush a bit when she learned he did all of that just to see about her. "Well welcome to Rose's," she said smiling a bit.

"You have a beautiful smile," he said to her, making her blush even more.

"Thank you," she responded.

"What's your plans for tonight?"

"Are you asking me out?"

"Maybe," he smiled.

"Well, I'm not doing anything actually I'll just be at home enjoying a big bowl of ice cream," she said to him.

"Let me take you out," he suggested. "No funny business, I just want to get to know you a little better," he said.

Rose hesitated, "I don't know about that,"  she said, rubbing the back of her neck. "You seem to be very popular with the women, and if you think you're getting something from me you're not."

"Whoa," August chuckled, throwing his hands up. "I don't want to sleep with you," he lied. "I just want to take you out," he said smoothly.

Rose sighed, and she nodded in acceptance. She knew if she denied this man once more and her friends found out they'd chew her head right off. "Okay, but no funny business," she reminded him. "Here's my number," she said, handing him her card.

August smiled, and he tucked it into his pockets. "I'll call you around 8," he said. Making his way towards the front of the store. He remembered she said the store was going to be opening in thirty minutes; and that time was up. He did not want to be stuck in a boutique full of women.

"See you later tonight beautiful," he smiled.

"See you later," she half smiled before rushing to the phone. She couldn't wait to tell the girls this.