The plan

" How could you do this to me? I thought you loved me," Rose yelled, tears sliding down her redden cheeks.

" I'm sorry Rose. I never meant to hurt you," August said, reaching out for her. " Please, don't go!"

Rose shook her head, only to turn around into a full sprint and run towards Mike. She threw herself at him, and cried into his chest. " I should've listened to you..."

" Shit," she groaned, as she jumped up from out of her bed. She looked over at the clock, and her eyes went wide as she came to the realization at how long she had slept. It was dark out.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

" Baby are you there?" August shouted.

Rose jumped up, and she ran over to the bathroom. " Shit," she muttered glancing at herself in the mirror. She had completely forgot about him coming over later that night, and the mark that Mike left on her neck was still there. " COMING!" she yelled, as she rummaged through her make-up bag to find her concealer. 

" Babe, hurry up I'm ready to eat this gumbo girl," he chuckled, as he waited for her to open the door.

Rose rushed to cover up her hickey, and gave herself a final look over before going to open the door. " Hey baby." She kissed his cheek, and stepped aside to let him in. " I'm sorry! I was sleep, and completely lost track of time of course," she laughed. 

" It's alright," he smiled, kissing her back. " Let me go warm this up a nigga hungry," he said, making his way to her kitchen. He placed the pot onto the stove, and turned it up on high before returning back to her. " How'd you sleep?" he asked, picking her up before sitting down with her in his lap.

" I had a weird dream," she said to him, rubbing her head. She thought back to the dream, and was trying to understand it but nothing was making sense to her. " Besides all of that I slept okay," she told him. She leaned up against him, and drew imaginary circles into his chest. " How was your day? What you do?"  

August stiffened a bit, and he thought back to what he did all day. He was pretty much with Lisa the whole day, and then went to go see a few more chicks afterwards. " I....I was um in the studio making music girl," he lied smoothly.

" Hm, well I'm glad you came over. I missed you,"  she whispered, pressing deeper into his body. She still couldn't help the fact that her mind kept drifting back to that dream; and then she kept going back to what happened between her and Mike. She thought about what he said, and even thought about telling August what happened, but she didn't want him to do anything crazy.

" Something on your mind Rose?" he asked, lifting her chin up so that they were eye to eye. " You seemed worried, and a bit distant."

" Um, no.." she laughed, shaking her head. " I was just thinking about a few things nothing to serious though," she assured him. " Anyways my birthday is coming up soon, and I have nothing planned!"

" Oh really, when is your birthday?" he asked her.

" Valentines day," she blushed looking away from him. 

August grinned, " Valentines day you say? That's a pretty cool birthday to have."

" Oh, please there's nothing special about it. Especially when you have to spend it all by yourself," she shrugged.

" Who said you would be spending your birthday alone?" he questioned, raising a brow. " Rose, don't worry about anything. I'll make it a birthday that you'll never forget. Promise," he smiled, kissing her lips.

Rose smiled, and she kissed him back. " You're so sweet to me. It's almost too good to be true," she giggled, kissing him once more. " C'mon let's go eat. I think the food is done warming up," she told him as she got up off the couch. She pulled him up along with her, and guided him to the kitchen.