Birthday Girl

Ashley & Loren in picture.

" HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROSE!" Loren and Ashley yelled into the phone. " It's time to turn the fuck up today girl!"

Rose groaned, and she moved the phone away from her ear. " Thanks guys," she responded with a dry laugh when she brought the phone back closer. " But, I can't today y'all know I got plans with my man!"

Ashley snickered, " You hear that Lo? Her man," she mocked.

Loren laughed, " Yeah, I heard her little ass. How soon she forgot that we were the ones who put her on to that nigga. She was so busy trying to shut his ass down, and now she wrapped tight!" she said loudly. " Anyways, we know you got plans with him; but we got you for the day. Thought we would take you shopping, get our hair and nails done. You know the usual girly stuff, and then tomorrow we can go out and really celebrate like we normally do."

Rose smiled, and she sat up. " Well, I have to get ready. I'm just now waking up and I look a hot mess."

" Hurry up then. We're right around the corner," Loren said before hanging up the phone.

Rose hung up the phone, and she went to go unlock the door so that they could let themselves in before she hopped into the shower.

_____________________________________

" We're here," Loren shouted, as she walked through the door with balloons, a bottle of Chardonnay, her favorite cupcake, and some gifts they had picked out for her the day before.

" What's this?" Ashley mumbled as she picked up a small package that was sitting outside of Rose's door.

Loren turned around, and she looked at her. " Obviously a package," she laughed. " Who is it from?"

" Doesn't say," she said, shrugging her shoulders. " It was just sitting out here."

" Hey girls," Rose said coming out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around her body and her head. " Where's Lisa?" she asked, looking around to find her. But, she was nowhere in sight.

" We have no clue," Ashley chimed in. " We've been calling her all night and early this morning to make plans for you today but she never answered the phone."

Rose frowned. " That's odd."

" Not really! I mean Lisa has been acting weird a lot lately, and I know I'm not the only who noticed it." Loren said, sitting down. " Besides I don't like the bitch anyways."

" Loren!" Rose whined, slapping her arm.

" What?!" she snapped, rubbing her arm. " I'm just being honest! You knew I never cared for her when you first introduced me to her. I only sucked it up and learned how to deal with her for the sake of you," she said.

" Whatever," she huffed. " She's a good friend too me."

" Ha! What kind of friend misses her best friend birthday?" she said.

" C'mon the day just started, and well maybe she might just link up with us later on," Rose responded trying to make up an excuse as to why Lisa wasn't here.

" So you say!"

" Alright guys," Ashley stepped in. " Let's forget about her! Today is all about you Rose, and it will remain that way," she said, shoving Loren. " We got you a couple of things, and this was sitting outside of your door," she said handing her the package.

Rose took it from her, and then tossed it aside. " I'll take a look at it later on," she said, before looking at the goodies they had brought her. " I wanna see what y'all got me," she squealed, going to open up the bag. She pulled out a card that was from them both, and proceeded to read it.