━━ three

────────────

( the burrow )

( the burrow )

────────────

────────────

━━ Mila had put her worries out of her mind since her talk with McGonagall. In fact, she had hardly thought much about it. The Christmas holidays had come sooner than expected. She didn't think she could do it, but Mila managed to get through the mountain of work she had before the break started. Even Ron had made it out alive.

They sat in the train compartment together, excited to be away from Hogwarts for a change. As much as she loved Hogwarts, this was a much deserved break. She was sad to see the back of Ron and Hermione, and the others in her year, but at least she had Harry. 

That was enough for her.

When the train got to the station, she had given Ron and Hermione tight hugs before saying farewell. She noticed Ron motion to Harry, giving him a thumbs up, with a pointed look on his face. Harry nodded to him, and the pair left the station.

She and Harry had to make their own way to Sirius' house, as he wasn't allowed to leave on the account of being an escaped prisoner. They grabbed a taxi, and Harry had fronted the fairly expensive fare. He knew Mila had some money from an unknown relative tucked away somewhere in the bank, but he always paid for things when he could. Thanks to his own parents, he had plenty to last him for a lifetime. He had never asked Mila exactly how much had been left to her, but she always seemed to make do. When they got out of the taxi, Harry stopped her before she went any further.

"Mila, I was hoping to talk to you about something." He looked nervous, but Mila was too cold to notice.

"Okay, but can it wait? It's freezing out here," she said as she rubbed her hands together. He nodded and they made their way to the front door.

The second they made it through the door to Sirius' house, he was ready and waiting. Harry dropped his bags and reached out to hug him. Both were ecstatic to see each other, and Mila looked fondly at the pair as she watched them. When they broke apart, Sirius gave a look between her and Harry before she gave him her own hug.

She'd forgotten how handsome Sirius was, though she knew she shouldn't think it. Remus wasn't half bad either. She would never tell Harry this though, the last thing he wanted was to think of his dad's old school friends in that way. They weren't that old though. Somewhere along the line, she had worked out they were in their mid-thirties; that was a very loose estimate, but she knew Harry's parents had been young when they had him. Sirius used to say they were eager to start a family.