━━ thirty

────────────

( the goodbye )

( the goodbye )

────────────

────────────

━━ When Harry woke up, it had been Hermione whose lap he was being cradled in. His head was in agony from this latest episode.

He'd seen a vision, clear as day, that had overloaded every sense he had. Watching it had been like being back inside that dreaded maze. It was the same picture it had been back then.

A cauldron, blood, Peter Pettigrew, and a shriveled up Voldemort. Only he hadn't been shriveled up this time, at least, not by the end of it.

The words spoken still rang in his brain.

"How do you know that this Velma is telling the truth? She spoke of another soul there that night, yet you do not remember?" Peter asked.

A raspy voice answered the ratty little man, "She is a seer. A true one. And she brought the girl's blood. I already have Harry Potter's running through my veins, so it seemed I needed more."

Seeing Peter's face had made Harry grimace. 

"What if it doesn't work?"

Voldemort spoke with such assurance, that if you hadn't been looking at him, it would have been like he'd taken his original form already. 

"It will."

Harry blinked, trying to totally clear the images from his mind. He did not want to remember the rest. He felt Hermione stroking his hair, and slowly sat upright. He shuddered as remnants of his vision slowly left him, and absentmindedly felt his scar, which was painful to touch.

"Harry, are you alright?" Hermione asked.

Harry shook his head.

"What happened?"

The look Harry gave her held no desperation. No shock, and no horror. Just acceptance. It scared Hermione more than anything.

"He's back."

She didn't have to ask who.

────────────

━━ The first thing Mila thought, after what Dumbledore had said to her, was ❛ what would Harry do? ❜