━━ twenty six

────────────

( the memory )

( the memory )

────────────

────────────

━━ While Harry's talk had convinced Mila that she should let Sirius and Lupin talk to her, she still couldn't bring herself to face them. So instead, she looked for Draco; still too afraid of answers to questions she wasn't sure she wanted to know.

She searched all around the Slytherin Common Room, but he wasn't there. It was nearing midday, he wouldn't be asleep. 

Was he out looking for her? 

Somehow that made her feel worse.

Any guilt that Mila felt about leaving was mostly directed towards him. Harry understood the situation because he was a part of it. His close friends had lied to him the same way they had to Mila.

Draco was an outsider, even if he wasn't to Mila. He'd never been to Sirius Black's house, never stepped foot in the Burrow, and certainly had never been taken in by Remus Lupin. He wasn't in this like she was. She didn't know if that was a good thing or bad thing. How had he felt when he found out she was gone?

Careful to listen out for voices she wasn't ready to meet, she searched the castle and all the spots she figured he might be.

She had the idea to check the Honeydukes passage. It had been becoming ❛ their ❜ place. It would make sense if, when unsure about her, he would be there.

With this new idea came a sense of urgency that had her completely forgetting about her self-imposed quiet tread. And her keen ears. She turned around another passage and ran directly into one of the people she was trying to avoid.

Her face hardened. Draco was forgotten.

"Mila." Sirius was, for lack of a better word, startled.

It was a rare feeling for him, one that didn't quite fit him. Mila found she barely recognised Sirius when he wasn't confident, or sure of himself. His hair was scruffy, his beard untrimmed. She tried not to take too much note of his shaggy appearance.

She was at a loss. She wasn't about to just stand here and chat to him in the hallway. She couldn't picture anything she would rather do less ... but there was something about the way he said her name. Something that made her angry. He said it with a claim of a friend, but she wasn't feeling particularly friendly.