━━ ten

────────────

( the proclamation )

────────────

────────────

━━ It seemed Lupin wanted to talk to her again the next day, though she wasn't sure what it was about. She was fairly confident that no one had seen her or Malfoy enter that shop together. If they had, she could have probably come up with ... some sort of explanation. Though she didn't know why anyone would have told Lupin about it.

He asked her to walk with him, taking her to his office this time. She had to skip breakfast again, but by now, she was used to it. There always seemed to be something she just had to be doing around that time. Honestly, the poor girl was starving.

Lupin looked a little nervous, a great switch from the anger he had the last time they spoke. He sat in his desk chair, and she took the seat across from him.

"So, what is it this time professor? In case you haven't noticed, I'm in a rather chirpy mood. No need to raise any alarms bells," she joked. She was hoping to ease some of Lupin's obvious tension, but it didn't seem to work.

Lupin coughed. "Dumbledore and I have been discussing ... your current situation."

Mila's blood ran cold, "Situation?"

"Your living situation," he elaborated, causing her to relax.

"Oh, that situation. Have you found me a placement yet?"

Lupin's hand disheveled his already disheveled hair, "That's actually what I was hoping to discuss with you."

"Okay," she said slowly.

His hesitation was worrying her. Did this mean it was bad? Was she finally going to have to go to a group home? There was nothing she wanted less. That way, she would absolutely have to stay there for holidays, which was the last thing she wanted.

"We thought it might be agreeable if──" he coughed again, and Mila sighed with impatience.

"It is bad, isn't it? Merlin, just rip off the band-aid, professor. I can take it."

"It's not bad," He gave her a small smile at her dramatics, before adding, "At least I hope it's not."

He paused again. So she filled the silence, again.