━━ seven

────────────

( the lead )

( the lead )

────────────

────────────

━━ Before Mila left the common room the next morning, she decided to take the locket with her ( just in case anyone happened upon it in her room ). It was very unlikely, but she didn't want to risk it. The only person who knew about it was Malfoy.

Imagine that, she thought, I've got a secret with Malfoy.

For the most part, she felt better after a night's sleep. She could think more clearly now, and she knew she was going to have to decide on a plan of action. Using logic, she considered who would possibly have answers about her past. 

McGonagall had been the one to find her in the orphanage, and she had met Lupin and Sirius through Harry. If not for all the looks, she wouldn't have suspected them at all. But Sirius had tried to tell her something in the kitchen, whether or not it was what Lupin had told her after, she didn't know. But for now, she would work with Malfoy to see what he could figure out about her parents. 

He was the one who found the locket after all.

First up was Charms, and though the Gryffindors looked at her warily at first, they ceased once they saw she was back to her usual demeanor. In order to try and find out the truth discreetly, acting like her usual self was essential. She wasn't going to let herself get upset anymore. She needed to try and be as objective as possible.

They were working on disillusionment charms, and Harry had been monitoring her steadily through the whole class. She should have expected it, and though she knew he was just looking out for her, it was another constant reminder of the secret she had found out yesterday.

When the class was over, she was surprised that she ran directly into Lupin, who looked to be waiting for someone.

"Ah, Mila. I need to speak with you," he said.

He appeared more scruffy than usual, his eyes had dark underlining, and his hair was all tussled. He looked like he hadn't had a wink of sleep. And while Mila would have usually accounted that to a full moon, there hadn't been one last night.

She nodded and started following him, Harry by her side, which she didn't think was a problem until Lupin spoke.

"Actually Harry, I need to speak to her alone."