━━ thirteen

────────────

( the envelope )

( the envelope )

────────────

────────────

━━ Mila was nervous. Somehow, she and Malfoy needed to get into Hogsmeade without anyone noticing she was gone, and without getting caught.

She was going to use the One Eyed Witch Passage of course ) and that meant she'd need the invisibility cloak. If Honeydukes noticed a couple of Hogwarts students coming up from their cellar, there would be big trouble.

It would take at least an hour to get there and an hour to get back, which was a big block of time to be unaccounted for.

Malfoy had told her he was okay with skipping class, so she thought maybe they could skip their last lesson. She would complain to Harry about a minor stomachache, and say she was going to Madam Pomfrey. She had double Charms with her friends, so hopefully, she could be on her way back by the time class ended. It wasn't a great plan, but one thing boarding school didn't allow was privacy.

The only good thing about trying to work out how best to leave was that she was distracted from thinking about the locket. Malfoy caught her eye at lunch, and it was the only point in the day that she stopped, breathed, and really thought about what she was doing.

She still couldn't believe she hadn't told her friends. If her family really did turn out to be one of the disgustingly awful ones, then it wouldn't matter. Because she would never be a part of a family like that, and it wouldn't make an ounce of difference in her life. That meant her friends might never have to know about what she'd been hiding. But if she got a family; a real family, then she would tell Harry straightaway. It was horrible to keep secrets from him for so long. Hermione and Ron too.

After moving her eye line away from Malfoy, she set her plan in motion.She began rubbing her stomach very theatrically. 

"Man," she muttered.

Harry was quick to notice, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, my stomach hurts." She peered at Ron, who was sitting across from them, but he didn't seem to take notice. However, Harry already have a look of concern. 

"Was it something you ate?"

She pretended to think about it, "Maybe."

Ron still sat obliviously, more invested in chewing his food.