I'm Alive And Kicking

Your POV

~ Flashback ~

"Gaten!" I screamed, attempting to yank out the IV that rested in my arm. The door opened and in he came as I struggled to tear myself apart from the needle.

"Jesus Christ!" He said, grabbed my arms to keep me from clawing at my skin.

"Stop it! I need to get the fuck out of here!" I spat.

"Y/n, you need to STOP!" He yelled over me. Gaten pinned my arms down. "Look at me!"

My eyes faltered from his to the IV.

~ End Of Flashback ~

"We need officers to medical NOW!" I heard a nurse demand into the phone as I was escaping the hallway.

The sensation of the cold linoleum burnt against my bare feet. Needle in hand as I sprinted, my hospital gown torn.

~ Flashback ~

"Gaten, let me go!" I screamed.

"I can't do that." He said back, as he pulled my wrists back down to the bed. "You're pregnant as shit! I'm not letting you go out there." The frail hospital bed shook violently. He looked down at me unsure of what to do next.

"Let go of me." I cried.

"Y/n, everything will be okay." He whispered, making eye contact with me. I peered down to see the small syringe in his palm.

"... Please." I whimpered.

"Y/n, everything will be fine. You just need to relax." He said, pulling the needle toward my arm. Without a second thought, I bashed my forehead against his nose. He fell back onto the floor, blood dripping down his face.

I ripped out my IV and climbed out of bed. Gaten reached for my gown.

~ End Of Flashback ~

"What the hell--" Powell muttered before pressing his hand to mine. I pulled the syringe out of his neck and he fell to the ground. I stepped over his body and opened the barred door and shut it behind me.

The other patients stared me over while I walked through. I was such an easy target. Barely clothed, pregnant and obviously distressed.

I walked toward our room and pushed the door open. He was on the floor with his knees held to his chest, bloody knuckles and a cigarette in hand. He glanced up and blew out a slow stream of smoke.

Finn pressed the cherry of the cigarette into the wall and stood up on his knees before crawling to my legs and resting his head on my stomach.

"Finn, I-" He hushed me and shut his eyes.

"I'm so, so sorry." He muttered.

~ Flashback ~

I pulled it out of his hand, tearing the flimsy material. I knelt down and grabbed the syringe from his hand before placing the call button in it.

"Get the nurse once I'm gone," I said. I stood up and placed my hand on my belly before running out the door.

~ End Of Flashback ~

"Why didn't you tell me you were dying?" I asked, just barely above a whisper. His eyes were red and puffy.

"Why didn't you tell me you were pregnant?"

"Because I had a plan, Finn. And you ruined it," I muttered.

"What do you mean plan?"

Winona's POV

"No, Kali! I want you to explain to me how EXACTLY you LOST a pregnant seventeen-year-old and managed to let her attacked another patient."

She sat in the chair across from me, sobbing her eyes out.

"I don't know!" She cried.

"Winona, you need to calm down," David replied. I took a deep breath and shut my eyes before looking back at the young nurse.

"Get out of my sight," I said, before dropping into my seat and burrowing my face in my hands. "David, this is gonna create a world of shit for us."

"Nona, we'll be okay. He has no reason to suspect us for anything." He said, trying to console me.

"If anything happens, I swear to God-" I whispered. David ran his hand up and down my back.

"Everything will be fine. We'll keep Gaten in medical and put Y/n in solitary till everything calms down."

"If the press finds out we stuffed a pregnant patient in solitary we'll have a damn lawsuit on our hands." I started.

"I'll take care of her."

Your POV

"I love you." He muttered. I smiled as I held his face in my hand.

"Promise me you'll do it?"

"Of course." He said.

The door burst open and David stood with another officer. I pulled away from Finn and held my arms out for the straight jacket.

A/N: Hello, my beautiful people. I'm not dead, I promise. And the story is far from over. I'm gonna finish this out strong. I love you all. I hope you enjoyed. Have a good day/night! <3