Prologue

Your POV

~ Flashback ~

"What happened?" I questioned.

"The official report says that Emaline told me that the environment was too much, she couldn't handle it. She wanted to be free." Winona replied. "And that the splatters of blood on Finn's clothes were a result of him trying to help stop the bleeding."

"Is she okay?" Finn asked. Winona smiled softly.

"She's recovering in medical and as soon as she's healed, we're placing her into solitary for the rest of her sentencing."

"So Finn's gonna be okay?" I asked.

"I don't see any reason why he wouldn't be." Winona smiled.

I looked back at Finn, he smiled softly before pulling me into a hug and resting his head on mine.

~ End Of Flashback ~

I looked up at Finn as he read a book while we lied together. Almost instinctively he looked down at me, meeting my eyes.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm pretty sure I'm in love you," I whispered. He let out a small laugh before setting his book down and leaning down.

"I'm pretty sure you're stuck with me either way," Finn whispered back before kissing me softly. He pulled away as I arched a brow at him. He let out another brief chuckle before kissing me again. "I'm in love with you too."

~ Flashback ~

Gaten quickly ran out and returned with David. He looked the scene over.

"So the plan didn't work?" He asked.

"Plan?" I questioned.

"I had to think of a way that ended with her leaving— I never wanted her to die," Finn replied.

"... You didn't?"

"No, Y/n," Finn replied, "I just wanted you to be safe."

"Well that's all fine and dandy, but I have to call this in," David replied, pulling out his radio.

~ End Of Flashback ~

"You'd better be," I smirked. He leaned gently before kissing me again. When he pulled away he looked at me intently. "What's wrong...?"

"I'm sorry I hurt you—" Finn muttered. "I'm sorry I ever let you get caught up in my bullshit."

"Finn..." I started.

"No, you need to let me finish. I'm sorry for everything, I'm mostly sorry about everything with Iris."

"Quit apologizing and kiss me," I replied.

~ Flashback ~

I walked back to my cell, alone. Finn was with Winona and David. I felt like everything was crumbling. Words weren't properly forming and it was excruciating.

I sat down on my bed and looked around. I'd oddly built a life around the terrible reality. Emaline was right... How was this justice? How was I being helped— Fixed?

Most days, I stayed inside awaiting check-ups from doctors that continuously tell me I'm not improving. Giving themselves more and more reasons to drug me up so much I run out of a strength to fight.

What am I doing? 

~ End Of Flashback ~

Finn gently placed his lips on mine. I gently pulled him closer before he abruptly pulled away.

"Give me a second..." He muttered. I sighed and sat up before looking him dead in the eye.

"What's going on with you?" I replied. "What happened to fuck buddies forever?" He looked back at me before dropping his head and looking at his hands.

"I-I just—" He mumbled.

"Do you not... Want me anymore?"

"What? No! I mean— Of course, I do. Why wouldn't I?" Finn asked, looking at me tentatively.

"You don't look at me like you used to. You were so protective, so attentive. Now I don't understand how you look at me."

"Y/n..." He trailed, "I used to look at you like something I owned. Like it didn't matter how I treated you because I knew what we were and what we were getting from each other."

"Cigarettes and company?" I chuckled.

"Exactly," Finn said, laughing a bit too. "B-But I don't wanna look at you like that anymore." He continued. I paused and looked up at him feeling my heart stop.

"You don't?" I said, beginning to feel my eyes water and my throat become dry.

"No— Because I wanna look and know that you're mine... And I'm yours too."

"Really?" I mumbled, feeling my tears rush down my cheek.

"Absolutely. I don't wanna see you as anything other than the girl I'm in love with..."

I smiled before pulling him into a kiss as I fell back onto the mattress with him on top of me. I held onto his neck as if he was the only thing keeping me connected to Earth, while he held my hips gently tugging me closer. We stayed like that for a few moments before he pulled away for a breath of air. He placed both hands on either side of my body as he looked down at me.

"Marry me..." He muttered. I looked back and let out a chuckle before rolling my eyes.

"You're already gonna get into my pants, Wolfhard. No need to try harder than you have to." I laughed.

"I'm serious," He replied, "I know we can't exactly do the big white wedding thing in here, but I'm seventeen and I wanna be with the girl I love as long as I can."

"Wait—"

"Look at it this way, we can do it and if it doesn't work you'll never have to see me again when you get out..." Finn continued, "And if it does, then you can come to visit and I'll die in here knowing I got to be married to the sweetest psycho in the world."

I looked up at him with a confused look.

"You wanna marry me...?" Finn nodded gently. I smiled softly before leaning up and kissing him again. "On one condition," I said, pulling away. "I get to tell Iris that you're officially snatched." I chuckled.

"That's it?" He chuckled, relieved.

Finn's POV

~ Flashback ~

"Is it possible to fall in love with someone at seventeen?" I asked as Winona stared down at her clipboard, writing unreadable scribbles.

"Very." She replied, looking up and smiling, "I met David when I was seventeen."

"But you didn't get married till you were like twenty-seven."

"We thought waiting was the responsible thing to do." She said going back to her clipboard. "But I knew even then that he was the only one for me." I stayed silent for a moment. "Is she the only one for you?" I looked back at her.

"I think so..."

"Then don't be a dumbass and do what makes you happy."

~ End Of Flashback ~

I smiled gently before kissing her again. This time softer than anytime before. She wrapped her arms around my neck.

"Are you ready?" I muttered.

"Are you?" She smirked, dragging her nails down my back.

A/N: Hello, my beautiful people!! Ahh. The final part of Madhouse, this is so bittersweet for me. I'm not gonna lie. I love you all, I hope you enjoyed. Have a good day/night!! ❤️