Chapter 2

Justin POV:

I stepped inside the small, crowded sound booth, walking towards the microphone that was placed in the middle of the small room. I slipped on my black headphones and stood close to the microphone. Dan, who was standing by the sound table, gave me a thumbs up, signaling me to start. I nod my head once and the music started. I nodded my head, feeling the beat. I opened my mouth and sang:

"I don't work hard when it's easy,
I put in work when it's hard,
Girl, I never believed in love, until I had yours
This is more than a season
And I'm not just sprung
I'm not afraid to tell you that you're the one"

The music suddenly stopped, and Dan spoke through the microphone. "Hey, Justin, Scooter wants to see you in the conference room."

I removed the headphones from my ears, and gently hooked then around the small microphone.

I stepped out of the sound booth door and looked at Dan. "Okay. I will be right back." I opened the door of the studio room, pulling it wide open. I stepped out of the studio room and walked through the hallway. I stared at the walls as I walked passed. There were photographs of famous celebrities from the past and today.

Then I stopped at the conference room, where Scooter wanted to meet me and talk about something.

I placed my hand on the cold doorknob, pulling it down, and at the same time, I pushed it open. I saw my mother and Scooter sitting down on the two large, black office chairs. I stared at them and understood why they called me to come here. I could see it in Scooters' face, his expression says it all. It was because of the arrest.

I swallowed, clearing the dryness of my throat. I stepped in deeper into the room, sitting down at the nearest chair. I braced myself for the yelling that will be coming soon. The silence was growing more by the second, making me impatient.

Why won't Scooter get this over with?

he stood up from his chair, glaring at me. Our eye contact didn't break as he walked towards me. I focused my attention on the ground, not wanting to look at him. I also avoided my mother's gaze, I can't stand seeing the disappointment in my mother's eyes.

Once Scooter was right behind me, standing by the door, he boomed, "Justin this has to stop!" My manager yells. He stood beside the door frame with his arms crossed. This is his way of expressing anger.

"Whatever," I said under my breath, rolling my eyes.

"Don't 'whatever' me, Justin, this is getting out of control." He states. I look away, not listening. I fucking hate it when they tell me what to do. I'm not ten anymore. "This isn't good for your career! Those small things you did were easy to get over with, no problem to fix. But getting arrested?! Now that of over the line!" Scooter went on. I zoned out around the middle of his anger speech, I don't care what he has to say. I am in no mood to fight with anybody.

"Justin, please, listen to him." I heard my mom's sweet voice through my thoughts, begging me to listen to Scooter.

I don't care what he has to say to me. I can take care of myself.

"What do you want me to do mom?" I finally spoke up. I glared up at my mom and Scooter. "I am sick and tired of people making up shit about me."

"They will once you stop behaving the way you are!" Scooter snapped back at me. I was taken in complete surprise. Scooter never said those kinds of things. He must be really pissed to say that. They didn't say anything for a while. Then my mom sighs loudly and said, " Scooter can I talk to him in private?"

I looked down at my shoes when I heard Scooter say, "Yeah, sure maybe you can knock some sense into him." He hissed. I rolled my eyes again. Then I heard the door slammed shut.

I heard my mom's footsteps walk right beside me. I looked up, looking at her through my eyelashes, and saw that a frown crept across her lips. I scoot over to make room for my mom to sit. I heard her let out a sigh.

"Justin you know that I love you so very much." I didn't answer her." I just want what is best for you Justin." I let out another sigh, staring around the room, avoiding her gaze." Justin this has to stop." Her voice sounded upset.

"What do you want me to do, mom?" I ask, looking straight at her.

"I don't know, just take a small break with all this famous non-sense."

"You know I can't do that." I shook my head.

"Yes, you can, you just don't want to." I look away again. She's right. I don't want to. She sighs quietly.

"Remember that girl you were really good friends with back in Canada?" I closed my eyes. "Jasmine."

"Yeah... sort of...why? What about her?"

"Don't you want to see her again?"

Do I want to see her again? I don't know. It's been like 5 years since I saw her. I lifted up my head to look at my mom. I opened my mouth, but no words came out. I quickly shut my mouth.

"How about you go to visit her. I bet she misses you." I chuckle and shook my head. "Why don't you visit her? You don't like her anymore?" She started to ask.

"That's not the reason why mom," I said in a bitter tone.

"Then what is it?"

I shake my head. "It's nothing." I exhaled through my nose. "She hates me."

"Well, I still think it's a good idea to go visit her for a while. She would love to see you."

I snort. "Yea, right mum, like I said she hates me now and she will always will. I haven't spoken to her in five years mum, five years."

"Well, that's what you get for not listening to me about talking to her."

"Mum, I'm always busy." I breathed out a laugh.

"No, you just make up stupid excuses so you won't have to talk to her."

I don't know how to answer her. Is she right? Is that why I haven't spoken to Jasmine in years? No. It isn't. There is another reason why.

"I'm going to call her and tell her that you are going to visit her for a while." My mom said, interrupting my thoughts.

"Mum, I don't think-"

"Don't say anything and no excuses this time, understand? You need a friend Justin." She interrupted me.

"I already have friends, mum. I have Chaz, Alfredo, Ryan-"

"A true friend." She emphasizes the word true. "Okay? I will call her as soon as possible. Deal?" She kisses my forehead. Before I could say anything, she got up and walked towards the door."This is for your own good Justin." She opens it and turns to face me. "I love you." She added. I just nodded my head.

The door slammed shut loudly. I sat in the now empty room, hearing the clock ticking against the beige wall. I ran my hand through my hair.

What am I going to do?