Chapter 18

Justin POV:

I stood behind the island, leaning against it and watched the television. Jasmine couldn't eat anything during these past few days. She would throw her food back up. I'm worried about her. She didn't talk for hours and it started to bother me. I know I should let Jasmine alone, but I just can't. Not after what I saw in her room and what she did to herself. I walked back to the living room and saw Jasmine sitting on the couch, covered in blankets. I sat next to her and smiled.

"How do you feel?" I rested my hand on hers. Her fingers were freezing cold and they were shaking. My fingers ran along the edge of the gauze.

"I'm okay." Her voice sounded hoarse.

"Do you feel sick?"

"Justin." She giggled. "I'm fine. Really." She ran her hand through my hair. "You worry too much." Her hand slid down to my cheek. I leaned my face closer to her palm. She smiled and she removed her hand from my cheek and moved it to my chest. She rested it on top where my heart is.

"Really. How do you feel?" I raised my eyebrow at her, trying to act concerned. She laughs weakly and shoved me. Well tried to shove me.

"You are really nice. You know that right?" She joked.

"I know. I change lives." I said proudly. She just rolled her eyes and slouched back onto the couch.

"Sorry. I forgot to bring balloons that said 'Congratulations'." The corner of her mouth tipped up and her eyebrows sank into a disbelieving gaze. I grinned at her.

"So what are you watching?" I asked her as I sat closer next to her.

"A movie." She replied.

I snickered. "I know that. But what movie is it?"

"It's called If I Stay."

I looked at the screen and saw a girl on the hospital bed, connected my tons of tubes. I opened my mouth to ask her what was about, but I closed it. I don't want Jaz to remember things. Then I saw a car accident. Now I understood. She is fighting for her life like Jaz is. I started to frown. I hate seeing Jaz in pain. I suddenly felt chills against my spine. I caught hold of her blanket. Jasmine gave some to me so I can cover myself as well. I felt her toes, which were freezing cold.

"Why aren't you wearing socks?"

"When did you start acting like my dad?" She arched her eyebrow.

"I don't want you to get sick." I shrugged.

Jasmine smiled. "Thanks for caring." She turned her attention back to the movie. I turned my gaze back to the T.V as well. I looked at Jasmine and I saw her shivering. I wrapped my arm around her shoulder and brought her closer to me. She gasped under her breath. I took out my phone and logged on onto Twitter. I read over what my fans wrote.

@biebergurrrrllll: Who is this girl?

@knowaboutbieber994: Is she his secret girlfriend?

@bieberrr_belieber: She must be a slut.

@biebersgirlfriend: She better not be his girlfriend😡😡

@justinbieber1994: I want to find out who she is!!!😤😤

@bieberfanficlover: If they are dating, I will find her and tell her to back off👿

@jbismine4ever1994: Justin is mine💜💜💗💗💗💕💕

Do they know about Jasmine? I looked through the pictures that the paparazzi took. And I saw the picture of me, Kenny, and Jasmine's mom at the airport. And the one when Jasmine and I went to the store. That picture is where most of the comments were too harsh to read. This was what I was afraid of. I didn't want people to know anything about her. I frowned as I read through these. I turned my head slightly at Jasmine. Her attention was focused on the movie. I clicked on the bottom to compose a tweet. Using my thumb I wrote: don't judge people if you don't know them. I looked over my shoulder, making sure that Jasmine didn't read what my fans posted.

I sometimes get upset when my fans post rude things about people I care about. But sometimes I understand. They care too much for me. This I how I feel when I'm with Jasmine. I posted my tweet and logged off quickly. I gently tossed my phone on the coffee table and watched the movie. I felt Jasmine's head starting to lean her head against my shoulder. I looked down at her and reached for the remote. Trying not to wake her up. I used my fingers and then I finally got hold of it. I turned off the television and carefully tried to remove Jasmine's head off my shoulder.

"Why did you turn off the movie?" I snapped my head at Jasmine. She looked at me, confused.

"I thought you asleep." I giggled.

"No. I just rested my head on your shoulder."

"Oh, sorry. I thought you fell asleep."

"Nope. Still awake."

"Yea. I can see that." I smiled down at her. I looked into her eyes. I remember when we were kids we would always do that. We would always do things together, but now those days are way gone.

"Remember when we were kids you would always kiss my cheek when I make you feel better." I challenged.

"Yeah, keep dreaming."

I smirked. "Oh trust me. I will." I leaned down and quickly stole a kiss on her cheek. She gasped and she shoved me hard. I fell on my back. "Hey!" I laughed. "How did you get strong so quickly?"

"When I get mad, I get pretty strong."

"Your bragging."

"I know." She smiled. "That means you are weaker than I am." I rolled my eyes.

"You need to eat," I added, changing the subject.

"I know... Do you want me to throw up again?" She asked.

"No. I just don't want you to starve." I ran my hand through her hair. I looked into her eyes. I always get hypnotized by her brown eyes. I looked at her delicate, fragile face. She looks so weak. I cupped her face. Her eyes went wide. I rested my head against hers.

"Eat. Please?" She nods her head quickly. I smirked when I pulled my head away. And when I got up I leaned down to kiss her cheek again, just to get under her nerves. But I didn't aim well and I ended up kissing the corner of her mouth. Her body went stiff underneath me. She didn't move an inch. I leaned away quickly and looked into her surprised eyes. I cleared my throat, "I will be right back." I slowly got up, walked towards the kitchen. I smiled to myself when I walked to the refrigerator. Then I blinked a bunch of times. Did I just kiss her? Well almost kissed her. I put my fingers on my mouth. And I closed my eyes.

I wish I could have actually kissed her. I want to. I sometimes don't think of her as a friend. I think of her more than a friend. Way more.