Chapter 12

Justin POV:

I looked at the clock. It is almost two in the morning. I stretched and yawned. I looked at the keys to go to the piano. Maybe one more song. I started to play As Long As You Love Me. I closed my eyes as I played the keys, feeling the music flowing. When I finished, I closed the top of the piano and stood up. I quietly walked up the stairs. Trying not to wake up Jasmine. I tiptoed down the hall. When I finally reached my door, I slowly opened it and went inside.

I changed into my sweats and a shirt. I quickly brushed my teeth and washed my face. As I was about to go to lay down on the small bed, I heard a blood-curdling scream.

I ran down the hall and opened Jasmine's door. She was tossing and turning around the bed, screaming for help. I ran up to her, leaned over her, and firmly shook her.

"Jasmine! Jasmine! Wake up!" Her eyes flew wide open. Tears were running down her face. "It's okay. It's over now." That made her cry harder.

"Hey, hey, hey. I'm here." I murmured. I grabbed her and set her on my lap. I hugged her while rocking back and forth. She rested her head on my shoulder, crying.

"It was real." She hiccuped.

"What was real?" I asked quietly. Still rocking back and forth. Jasmine lifted up her head and looked at me.

I stopped rocking. She wiped her eyes with the heels of her hands. "What I was dreaming. It was real. I...I... I wish it wasn't!" Tears fell down her face. I wiped them away with my thumb.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked, moving the hair out of her face.

She swallowed. "It's nothing." She whispered, climbing off my lap. I looked at her for a second. Her eyes are red and swollen for crying so much. I know that it's nothing.

"You are lying." I glared at her. She looks down at her hands. They were shaking like crazy. She starts playing with her fingers.

She looks out the window. "You won't understand it." She shakes her head.

"What won't I understand?" I asked, not realizing that I raised my voice.

"You just won't." She whispered, she looked at me through her long eyelashes.

"Jaz, I am here for you, please just tell me. I will help you." I said, calmly.

"Just... Leave it alone." She looks back out the window. The light shining on the fresh tears that are falling down her rosy cheeks. I sighed, I leaned forward, rested my hand on her cheek, and used my thumb to wipe the tears away.

Jasmine inhaled deeply. I gave her a weak smile. "You know that I always cared for you? That is why I never called you. I thought I was protecting you. Turns out that I just hurt you more." I took a deep breath. "I'm so sorry, Jasmine."

She looks down at her feet. She sniffed and wiped her face. "I ever saw it that way. I just thought you don't want to see me again. Or hated me. I'm sorry for being a jerk." She murmured. I chuckle.

"It's in your nature. I wouldn't blame you." I shrugged. Jasmine gasped and playfully pushed my shoulder.

Then she started to laugh. Her laugh sounds like beautiful bells. I laughed along with her. "This is the Jaz I wanted to see. Happy and smiling."

"Hey! I've been the same. I just... you know." She shrugged. I chuckle again. I looked at her. She gave me a small smile. "Just because I am being nice to you, doesn't mean I fully forgave you."

"So that means we are friends again?" I asked.

She puts a finger by her lips as if she was thinking. "Let me think..." She tapped her finger that was on her lip. "Maybe."

I gave a big smile. "So is that a yes?" I asked. She giggles.

"Yep." She laughs louder this time. I relaxed, not realizing that I was tense. I leaned and hugged her. She hugged me back.

I pulled away. I looked into her chocolate brown eyes. They were filled with hope and happiness. I cleared my throat and looked at the clock. It was three in the morning.

"It's late. You need to rest." She nods. I got off of the bed, Jasmine laid down covering herself with her blankets. I walked to the door.

"Good night Justin." She yawned.

"Good night Jaz," I said with a smile. I walked out of the room, closing the door behind me. I went to my room. I climbed into bed and covered myself with blankets. I closed my eyes and went to deep sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There was a loud knock on my door. I groaned, putting the pillow on my head. "Five more minutes!" I yelled, tired. I heard the door opened and then Jaz pulled away from the blankets. "Hey! I was sleeping!" I shout. She just rolls her big, brown eyes.

"Whatever. Come on, wake up!" She snatched the pillow away from me and started to hit me with it. And let me say, she hits hard. I tried to sit up, but she kept on hitting me.

"Stop!" I laugh. I protected my face with my arm.

"Not until you get up!" She said, without stopping. I covered my face with my hand. I peeked through and saw that she was on the bed. I reached over, grabbing her small waist. I heard her gasp. Then I pushed us to the ground. "Ow," Jasmine said. I snatched the pillow and hit her with it. She blocked her face with both hands.

"Stop!" She yells, laughing at the same time.

"It doesn't feel nice does it!" I stopped. I dropped the pillow on her face and got up.

"Hey!" She laughs. She sat up and looked at me. "I woke you up because my mom texted me and told me that we need to go by some groceries."

"At this time?" I groaned.

She puts her hands on her hips. "Justin, it's noon."

"Oh..." I scratched the back of the neck. "Oops." She just rolls her eyes. "Fine, I will go. Let me just get ready."

"As if you had a choice." She walked out of the room. I closed the door. And changed into a pair of jeans and a gray sweatshirt. I put on a pair of socks and put on my red Converse. I went to the bathroom brushed my teeth and did my hair. When I finished, I walked downstairs.

"Okay, let's go." Jasmine rolled her eyes. She grabbed her purse and keys. We opened the door to the garage and walked to the car. It was a purple Camero.

"Whoa! This is your car?" I asked, examining the car. Jasmine looked at me weird.

"Why are you acting like you never saw a Camero before? You must have 50 of these cars." She said, getting inside the car.

"Yea, I have a bunch of cars. But they aren't purple." I opened the passenger door, sitting down.

"You have the money to paint them purple or any color you want. So why don't you?" She puts the keys in the ignition, bringing the car to life. She grabbed the remote that opens the garage door. I frowned I don't want to think about it his now. Not what I did a few days ago.

"Can we please stop talking about my money? I just don't want to talk about this right now." I leaned my head on the window.

"Alright." She sighed under her breath. She reversed the car. Once we were out, she closed the garage door. Then we drove off. I looked at the trees as we drove.

I didn't mean to say that in a harsh way. It's just that the things that are going on right now is just too difficult to think about. I just want to forget, just once, that I have fame and fortune.

And think about what I don't have time to think. My family and friends. Especially Jasmine.

....................................................................................................................................

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT!!!