Chapter 7

Jasmine POV:

I sat on the couch, watching Teen Wolf, absolutely bored. Melina is at her mom's house to celebrate her birthday and my mom is still stuck in traffic. My heart starts to beat faster and faster whenever I think that my mom will be bringing Justin to our house. I don't want to see him, but other choice does he have. What choice do I have?

I stare at the clock on my phone. 3:25pm. I got up and walked upstairs to my room. I walked to my bedside table, opened the drawer, I skimmed through it until I finally found it.

A picture of Justin and me when Justin was in 9th grade. I was in eighth at the time, we went to the same school together. We took this picture when we were hanging out with our friends at school. We were in the student lounge goofing around. I smiled at the memory. I will never forget that day.

I felt my eyes stinging and tears fell down my eyes. I miss this Justin so much. The one in the picture. I loved that Justin. This Justin, the one I about to see in a few more hours. It isn't him.

I wiped my tears and shoved that picture under my pillow. I want to my desk and grabbed my headphones and went downstairs. I connected my headphones to my phone and listened to music. I laid down on the couch and closed my eyes.

TWO HOURS LATER

I woke up by the sound of a car engine parked outside. I still had my headphones on and "Human' by Christina Perri was playing. I paused it and sat up. I heard car doors slammed shut. My heart leaped. And my mom's voice coming closer. I took off the headphones and set them on the coffee table. I took a deep breath, and grabbed the closest magazine and opened it.

"Here goes nothing..."

The door opened and I saw my mom from the corner of my eye walking in.

'Hey sweetie, sorry I'm late. The traffic was crazy! So what have you been up to?"

I closed my eyes and put down the magazine. I opened my eyes and looked at my mom and right behind her was... Justin.

He obviously looks different from the picture. He has tattoos now. Shorter hair, taller, and has earrings.

My heart skipped a beat. I stared longer at him than I should, so I averted my gaze to my mom.

"Oh, you know... the usual." I faked a smile and shrugged. My mom nods her head, smiling.

"Good. I will go to the kitchen to make some dinner... Oh, dear! I forgot the food in the trunk! I will be right back." My mom smiled at us and rushed out the door.

I feel awkward with just me and Justin. The tension in the air grew and it just makes it uncomfortable.

"So, um, how have you been?" Justin finally asked. He walked closer to me, leaning against the wall.

You've got to be joking....right?

''Why do you care?" I snapped. Now, this is getting me mad. After all these years he asked me how I've been!

"Why are you so mad?" Justin asked, raising his voice as well.

"Well, let's see," I sanded up and walked right up to him, "You lied to me, you avoided me for 5 years, and you never visited!"

"That's why you mad? Jaz, it's been five years, okay? Just let it go. I'm here now." He still remembered the nickname he made for me. Shocker.

I snort. " You seriously think I could just let it go. You were my best friend! You promised me that you would come back! You hurt me, Justin!"

"Wait, what do you mean by 'were best friends'?" He gave me a confused look.

I laugh at his face. "You really think I still want to be friends with you after five years.... uh, no thank you."

I stood there just glared at him. When I heard my mom walk towards the house, I moved far away as possible. Then she stepped inside the house in with a bunch of bags. "Okay! Who wants hambu-" When she saw my face, she got concerned. "What happened?"

None of us said anything.

At the deep silence, she understood what must have happened. "You know what," She put down the bags, "You two need to get along. I don't want arguments every day in this house. You understand?" Justin nodded. But I didn't say anything. She glances over at me, she bent her leg, propping her hand on her hip. "Do you understand Jasmine?"

I roll my eyes. "Yes, mom."

"Good. Now I will go to make some hamburgers." She picked up the grocery bags and went into the kitchen. Once she was gone, I walked right up to Justin, my face was really close to his.

"Just so you know. I hate you. And I lost all hope in you, Bieber." I growled through my teeth. I glared into his hazel eyes. I walked away from him, grabbed my phone from the coffee table, and went to my room. I could feel his eyes on me as I walked away. I shut the door and locked it. I sat down on my bed and picked up the picture of me and Justin. Those memories are somehow dead to me. Things can't go back like the old days. I wish I could stay here until Justin leaves back to California.

I wish...

But I can't. There is a reason why I can do that. It's because I missed him. I miss the way we talked together. I missed everything.

The picture of Jasmine and Justin on the side:)