Chapter 10

Justin POV:

I woke up by the smell of food. I yawned, stretching my arms. I got up from the bed and went downstairs. When I reached the bottom, I heard "Black Widow' playing, and I could see Jasmine through the island. I saw Jasmine swaying her body side to side, singing along with the song, and cooking breakfast at the same time. I leaned against the wall and watched her, amazed. I chuckled loudly.

She jumped up a little and looked scared. She turned around, when she saw me, she relaxed. "Gosh Justin! You scared the heck out of me!" I laugh again. She reached over to the radio and turned it off. She turned her head in my direction and just stares at me, looking up and down. I looked down and realized that I didn't have a shirt on. I laugh quietly to myself.

"Take a picture, it will last longer." I teased. She shakes her head and her cheeks started to blush.

"Shut up Justin!" She said, looking at me annoyed.

"I never knew you can cook Jaz," I said, walking up to her.

She laughs. "What do you expect? Do you want me to be all lazy like you?" She went back to cooking. I walked behind her and I put my hand by the counter. I leaned closer to her ear. She stops what she was doing.

"You will be surprised when you hear that I'm not as lazy as you think I am." She shudders a little.

"I will believe it till I see it." She whispers. I smile and leaned away from her. She shakes her head and went back to cooking.

"Where is your mom?" I asked, taking out the plates, forks, and plates. Setting them on the table.

"She went to work. She won't be back for a few days. Or maybe she will be back till Monday." She shrugs. She removed the bacon from the pan and placed them on the plates.

"Oh, I thought she was still asleep."

I said sitting down. She put the pan in the sink and grabbed the other pan with scrambled eggs. After she scooped some eggs onto the plates, she places the pan in the sink.

Jaz sat in the table and began to eat. I grabbed the fork and ate some eggs. They tasted delicious.

"Mmmm..." I said. Jaz looked up at me, raising her eyebrows.

"What is wrong with you?" She asked me.

"Nothing. The eggs are really good." I smiled at her. She just shakes her head and went back to eating. I looked at her for a while and went back to eating. We didn't say anything while we ate. Jaz got up and put in her dirty dishes in the sink and washed them. I got up and put my dishes in the sink as well. Then I walked to the living room.

"Where do you think you're going, Justin?!" I stopped and walked back to the kitchen. She put her hand on her hip and raised her eyebrows.

"To my room," I said, pointing towards upstairs. "Why? I can't go over there?" I asked.

"Yes, first you need to stay here and help me." She said, going back to washing the dishes.

"So you want me to stay here shirtless and helping you clean. So you can stare at me longer?" She snaps her head towards me.

"What!? No! Go put on a shirt then!" She shouts, blushing. I laugh and jogged upstairs to my room. I grabbed my bag and dug through it, looking for a white plain shirt.

I found one and put it on and jogged back to the kitchen. As I reached the kitchen, I quietly, as I could, walked behind her. Then I wrapped my arms around her waist. Jasmine screamed and jumped. She turns her head and noticed that it was me, she elbowed my stomach. But I didn't move my arms even though it did hurt.

"Justin!! You jerk!" She yells. I just laugh at her.

"Aw... look at you, you are blushing again." I teased. She just glared at me.

"Oh, shut up! Now let me go...please?" I thought about it for a while.

"Hmm... Nope." I said, popping the 'p'. I put my head on her shoulder. "I missed you so much..." I said quietly. Her hair smells like vanilla. I tightened my grip around her waist. She didn't say anything. We stood there for what seemed like an eternity.

She muttered something, breaking the silence. I lifted my head from her shoulder. "You are such a liar." She pulls away from my grip and turned to face me."You never missed me!" Her voice raised. Her eyes started to water, but no tears rolled down her cheek. "You were never there for me! You have no idea what I had been through these last five years!"

I felt terrible when I see her crying, I just want to hug her. But it was obvious that she won't even let me near her. But at the same time, I am getting frustrated. I sighed loudly. Why won't she let go? I know what I did, she doesn't need to bring it up every single time!

"Jaz, it's been five years. Just let it go, okay?" I ran my hand through my hair. "Why am I even telling you to let go. You just won't, you live in the fucking past." I snapped. She glares at me.

"You think I live in the past? I can't even move on from it!"

I gave her a questioning look."What do you mean by 'can't even move on?'"

She looks down at her feet, shaking her head. "You won't understand it."

"What won't I understand?" I walked up to her but, she just moved farther away from me.

"If you really cared about me you would understand!" She ran her hands through her hair and over her face. Her shoulders were shaking, moving up and down. I reached for her but she just slapped my hand away.

"Calm down Jaz!" I yell.

"Don't call me Jaz! Only Justin can call me that!"

"What the hell are you talking about?! I am Justin!" I point towards myself. She just shakes her head.

"Not the Justin I used to know. The Justin I knew would never, ever leave me the way you did. He would care for me, even on the stupidest little things." Her voice lowered. She shoved me away and walked to the living room, up the stairs.

I made my hands into fists. Does she really think I don't care for her?! That isn't the reason why I wasn't by her side. I wanted to protect her. I wanted her not to experience what I am going through right now. But I can't tell her that. She would think I'm lying or something.

"You think I don't know what you been through! Your mom told me what happened!" I heard her stop on the stairs and walking back to the kitchen.

"What did you just say?" She snapped. She glared at me, giving me the evil eye.

I crossed my arms across my chest. "You heard me." She averted her gaze, saying nothing. "So what your mom said about you is true? About something bad happened to you that you don't want to talk about it? Are they true?"

She snapped her head up. She bites her lip, shakes her head, and runs upstairs. Then the door slammed shut.

I closed my eyes. I made a fist and punched the wall. Why can't I keep my mouth shut?

I rested my head against the wall for a minute. I went to the living room and sat on the couch. I closed my eyes again. She thinks I don't need her in my life. But when I picture my life without her in it, it would feel incomplete. She doesn't know that though. I want to tell her, but she just won't let me. She hates me too much.

Jasmine was there for me when I was younger and I was there for her. She was the one that gave me hope. She was the one that made me follow my dreams. I don't want to lose her. She gave me hope, she made me believe in myself, in everything. I would be nothing without her in my life.