Chapter 5

Jasmine POV:

I woke up in a strange room. A room that I had never seen before. I try to get up but I was tied to the bed. I start to panic and I tried to struggle out. The rope that is wrapped around my wrists and feet caused red lines on them. I cried out for help. But no one came. Then I heard footsteps, coming towards the room. The door opened and a tall, dark figure comes in. He walks up to me, with something in his hand, a belt.

"This is for your own good." The man said. He brought his arm back, prepared to strike me.

"Please, please stop! Stop! stop!

"Stop!" I jumped up from my bed, sweat forming on my forehead, gasping for air.

"It's just a dream, Jasmine," I thought, "But it felt so real, it looked so real...Because it was." I closed my eyes, brought my knees to my chest, wrapped my arms around them, and began to rock back and forth. I feel my eyes begin to water. So I put my head between my knees and began to cry.

Then I heard a knock on my door. I jumped a little and looked up, holding my breath.

"Who is it?" I hiccuped. The door opened a few inches and my mom's head popped in.

I let out a sigh of relief. "Jasmine, are you okay?" she asked, opening the door more. I wipe my tears with my palms.

"Yea, I'm alright... just a bad dream, that's all." I sniffed.

"Oh, honey." My mom walked to my bed, climbs on, and wraps her arms around me. "It's okay, it's all over now." One of her hands was petting my hair. I buried my face on her shoulder and I cried again.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I shake my head. My mom reaches and wipes the tears off my face with her hand. "Are you sure?" I nod, biting my lip.

"Okay then, in about two hours we have to go to the airport and pick up Justin."

My heart stopped for a second. Then I felt pain when she said his name. I'll never think that I would ever see him again.

"Okay..." I said in a hurtful tone.

"We will leave in a few minutes. First I want to go to the store and buy some things." She kisses my head, gets up from my bed, and walks to the door.

"Wait, mom," I said, getting up from the bed and walking up to her.

"What is it?" She turns around and faces me.

"Ummm... I was thinking that... umm... I should stay here while you go to pick him up." I said nervously, looking down at my feet.

"Are you sure that's what you want?" 

"Yea, I think it would be best."

"For who? You or Justin?"

"Both," I whispered. My mom sighs. I looked up and looked at her. "Please?"

"Alright, I will go alone."

" Thanks, mom." I hugged her

"Your welcome," she lets go and heads to the door. I sighed in relief.

"At least I have enough time to think.." I changed out of my pajamas and went to the bathroom to do my hair and brush my teeth. Once I was done I walked downstairs to the living room and saw that my mom is gone.

My phone vibrates.

Mom: Left early, left some breakfast on the table.

J: Thx mom:)

I sat down my phone on the island and went to the kitchen. My mom left eggs and bacon on a plate. I grabbed a fork and the plate and sat on the island to eat. I looked through my phone and saw that Justin tweeted a few hours ago.

Going to visit a family friend for a few days:)

"Whatever.."

I put down my phone and turned on the television. Nothing good was really on, so I clicked on the weather channel. They were showing a picture of a missing child when my phone vibrates. It was Melina.

M: Hey Jasmine!!!:))))

J: Heeey!!!:D

M: Soooo.. are you ready to see Justin??

J: Don't remind me about that:/

M: hey it could be worst...:/

What could be worst... well I am going to see the boy who hurt me and avoided me for FIVE YEARS!!! I don't want to see him! Seeing him would only make things worst for me. HE  can find me again. I escaped once, but he can find me. And I don't want that.