Chapter 9

Jasmine POV:

I sat on the desk chair, staring at the clock. I replayed the events that happened this evening. The way Justin flirted with me before dinner, the way he laughs during dinner, and the way he hugged me. My heart completely stopped when he hugged me. I didn't hug him back for obvious reasons. I quietly sighed, rubbing my hands on my face. It's already midnight and I still can't sleep.

When I was younger, whenever my mom has to work every late, I would always sleep over Justin's house. But most of them I couldn't sleep. I was afraid of the dark and I was scared of bed monsters. So I will always go right to Justin's room. I don't know why I could just go to Pattie's room and tell her that I'm scared. But there was something about Justin that made me feel loved.

But now, that's different. I'm glad Justin's dream came true and all that. It's just that I wish I was there for him. He was there for me when we were kids. When he never visited, it hurt me. But I moved on when I was seventeen. But seeing on the t.v, twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and shots that he smokes raced a car in the streets, goes to clubs, and other things. He changed too much that it's hard to keep up. I feel bad, terrible actually, but I'm still mad at him. He knows doing this is wrong, but he does it anyway. It frustrates me that he knows he can talk to me if he is going through tough times, but no... He goes to his other friends. The friends he made along the way.

I shoved my thoughts at the back of my head. I stood up and walked to my closet, changing into my pajamas. As I took off my shirt I looked at myself in the mirror.

I looked down at my waist, staring at the scar I had for a year. I put my hand over it. I closed my eyes and saw images. Images I wish I could forget. I quickly opened my eyes and dropped my hand to my side.

I walked to my bed and moved the covers aside. I slipped in and covered myself. I laid there for a while, just thinking. I turned to my side. I propped my elbow and opened the drawer of the bed table. I dug through it and found the picture of me and Justin. I smile to myself. I wish I can go back to the old days. When Justin and I would hang out all the time, make jokes, and fool around. But now that's impossible.

I put down the picture and turned off the lap. I closed my eyes and went fast asleep...

"Hey, Jaz!" Justin shouted, I turned around and faced him, "Watch this!" Justin rolled down from the ramp and skated around doing some tricks. I roll my eyes.

" Show off!" I yelled, laughing. Justin laughed as well. Then there was a gunshot a Justin fell to the ground with a loud thump. I screamed and ran to Justin. When I reached him, there was blood everywhere.

I fell on my knees and began to cry. I grabbed his head and placed it on my lap. I screamed for help, but no one was around. Then a figure walked up to us, holding a gun.

It was him...

" Your turn..." He clicked the bullet into place and the gun went out.

I jumped up from bed, looking around. I was gasping for air. I looked at the clock. It was eight in the morning. I sighed, closed my eyes, and laid back down.

It's just a dream Jasmine, it's just a dream.

I grabbed my phone and texted Melina.

J: Hey... can you come over today???

M: cant... going to Chicago 2 visit some fam:/ sorry:(

I put down the phone. I got out of bed and walked down the stairs. I know I won't go back to sleep so I went to the kitchen. I walked to the fridge and I saw a note clipped on it. It was from mom.

Went to work, won't be back for 2 days. Behave.

-love mom

I groaned quietly to myself. Really? Do I have to stay alone with him for two days?! My mom didn't even stay here for a day. I need her here, I can't be alone with him! I sighed, running my hand through my hair.

This is going to be a very long weekend...