Chapter 14

Justin POV:

Jasmine and I sat on the couch eating pizza and watching movies. It brings back old memories when Jaz and I would go to my room and watch movies and eat all the junk food we can eat. I miss those days when I wasn't famous yet when I was with Jaz every single day. I frowned. I wonder what my life would be like if Scooter hasn't discovered me.

Jasmine turned her head towards me, with a big smile on her face. Then it disappeared. "Justin, what's wrong?" She sat closer to me, looking at me, trying to read my face.

I just shake my head. "It's noth-"

"Don't say it's nothing! Do we have to have this discussion again!?" Jasmine interrupted. I sighed

"I was just thinking about what my life would be like if I wasn't discovered." I shrugged.

"And What do you think?" She asked.

"I think it would be twice as better as being famous," I confessed.

"So you think that not being famous is way better than being famous?" She asked. Her voice sounded annoyed.

"Yeah. I just want a normal life without people making a big deal about everything I do."

"Justin, no matter what you chose you won't have a normal life." I looked at her. She was playing with her fingers.

"What do you mean?" I asked, seating up straighter.

"No matter how hard you try or do, you will experience something terrible in your life and you can't change it. Then from there, you will never see the things the same way again." Tears slowly rolled down her face.

"Jasmine..." I reached for her, but she got up quickly, her back towards me.

"No matter how hard we all try, we will never have a normal life!" Her voiced raised. "Justin, so please don't think about anything about that! Don't think what it won't be like to live a different life! Cherish the things that you have, your fans, family, and friends." Her whole body started to shake. "Because if you don't, you will lose everything as I did!" She was quiet. She lifted her hands to her face. Her shoulders shaking.

I got up and walked to her. I was scared. I turned her around so she was facing me. Her eyes are red and her hands were covering her mouth. "Jasmine are you okay?" She didn't respond. I moved her hands from her mouth and removed her hair that was stuck on her mouth. "Please Jaz, are you okay?" She was looking in the distance.

I shook her. She was shocked. "Jaz! Please!" Then more tears rolled down her face. She blinked and looked up at me. She wrapped her arms around me, crying on my chest. I could feel my shirt getting wet from her tears. I pulled her close, not wanting to see her break.

"Shh... Jaz, please calm down." I petted her hair, trying to soothe her. "I'm so sorry." I buried my face on her hair. Her arms tightened. "Across the ocean, across the sea. Startin' to forget the way you look at me now." I sang. She hiccuped and lifted her head a little, she sad eyes on me. "Over the mountain, across the sky. Need to see you and need to look into your eyes. I know it's hard babe, to sleep at night, but don't you worry cause everything's going to be alright." I stopped singing when I heard her starting to stop crying.

A small smile formed on her face. "Thank you, Justin..." She hiccuped. She hugged me again, resting her head on my chest again. "Want to know what happened to me in 11th grade?" She suddenly asked. My eyes widened.

"Wh-What? Are you sure? I don't what to see you cry again, it hurts me. And you said it bothers you." I whispered on her hair. She nods.

"I want to tell you." She looked up at me and gave me a weak smile.