Chapter 21

Justin POV:

I opened my eyes and saw that the sun was already up. I jumped up from my bed and walked out of the room. I went to Jasmine's room, knocking on the door. "Jaz!" I called out. No answer. I slammed my hand harder. Still not a single answer. I started to panic. Is she alright? I grabbed the doorknob and twisted it. I opened it and saw that the room was not as messed up as yesterday.

The bed was made and some of the things were put back. And the blood from the floor was cleaned off. I shuddered when I pictured Jasmine on the floor, pale white. I frowned, shaking my head, and walked out of her room, jogging downstairs. When I reached the bottom, the sweet smell of pancakes and maple syrup coursed through my nose. I took a huge inhale through my nose and the smell came in stronger, making my mouth water.

"Looks like someone's hungry." I heard Jasmine giggling.

I smirked. "I'm starving," I stated. I walked over to the kitchen where Jasmine was cooking. The smell of the food made my mouth water some more.

"Next time, don't try to break down my door. I could hear you slamming the door all the way from China." She said sarcastically.

"I'll keep that in mind," I suggested. I caught Jasmine looking at me, trying not to laugh. I looked at her through my narrowed eyes. "What?" I asked.

Jasmine laughed, "There is some drool coming out of your mouth." She fingers brushed by the side of her full lips, telling me where it was at. I took out my tongue and licked the corner of my mouth and felt some drool on it. I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand and I rolled my eyes.

"Thanks." I tried to act thankful.

"Welcome." She shook her head and flipping the pancakes. I placed my hands on either side of the counter. Jasmine stopped and stood so very still. I leaned closer to her so my mouth was close to her ear.

"Hurry up, I'm hungry." She turned her head and smirked. "Yeah flip those pancakes." I laughed.

She tried not to laugh, but it came out of her mouth anyway. "You are my friend," She said, pulling away from me, smirking. "Are really a disgusting child."

"Why, thank you for the compliment. That was really sweet of you."

"Oh shut up and go eat some pancakes, will ya?" She glared at me for a minute, pointing the spatula towards the table. I turned my head and saw the stack of pancakes, steam coming out of it. I licked my lips and suddenly my stomach growled.

"With pleasure." I leaned over Jasmine towards the cupboards and grabbed a plate.

"Can you please remove your frickin stinky armpits away from my face?" I felt Jasmine's hands on my chest. I looked down and snickered.

"Remove your face from my armpits then."

"How?! You are in my way?!" Jasmine chuckled. I leaned away from her, rested the plate down, and looked at Jasmine, smirking.

"See, was that so hard?" I smiled.

"Go eat." She rolled her eyes, playfully shoving me away. I grabbed my plate from the counter and walked t the table. I grabbed four pancakes and spread some butter on it, which melted right away. And then I poured some maple syrup. The brown substance flowed onto the pancakes. I rested the bottle back to the table and grabbed my fork. I cut a piece and placed it in my mouth.

"Here is some orange juice." I looked up, seeing Jasmine resting a glass filled with orange juice. I smiled at her while I chewed. I swallowed and grabbed the cup.

"Thank you." I placed the glass on my lips, sipping the juice.

"You told me that you were going to take me somewhere," Jasmine said, cutting her pancakes.