Chapter 8

Justin POV:

I went to the kitchen and helped Mrs. Martinez to make hamburgers. I never would have thought that Jasmine hates me that much. And it's all my fault. It's all my fault for being selfish thinking that I was protecting, but the truth is that I was hurting her.

"So, Justin, I want to talk about rules." Mrs. Martinez said, leaning against the refrigerator.

Oh no...

"Rule number one: Weekday curfew is at 10:00. Weekend curfew is at 12:00 am.

Rule number two: You must help clean around the house with the rest of us.

Rule number three: No drugs."

Wow... Just one time they caught me. One time!

"And finally, Rule number four: I want no other girls in this house. Understood?"

I nod, " Yes, Mrs. Martinez. I understand."

She smiles, nodded, and went back to cooking the hamburgers.

I went to the refrigerator and grabbed the vegetables. I grabbed a knife and a cutting board and started to cut the vegetables. Once I was done, I went to the living room. I sat on the couch, thinking about what Jasmine had said to me earlier today.

"You still think I want to be friends with you after five years...uh, no thank you."

I knew it. She does hate my guts. It's all my fault! Why didn't I visit her! Why, why, why, why!

"Justin," Mrs. Martinez said, interrupting my thoughts." Will you be kind enough to call Jasmine down for dinner."

'Um, yes, I'll go get her." I stand up and walked upstairs.

Stupid, why didn't you ask her which room she is in?

I looked around the hall. Then I saw a door that was the only one that was shut closed. I walk to it and took a deep breath and knocked.

"Hey, um, Jaz... dinner's ready," I said, looking right at the door. She doesn't answer. "I know you are mad at me Jaz, but why do you have to ignore me all the time. You can't ignore me forever you know Jaz." I rested my head on the door. "Please forgive me."

Suddenly the door opens, and I almost fell on my face. Luckily I caught my balance on time. " Justin, you don't have to keep on saying sorry. Okay? I will stop ignoring you, but that doesn't mean that I'm still mad at you." I looked at her, smiling.

"Well, this is a start. What changed your mind?" I chuckled.

She glares at me." You know I can still change my mind." She steps out of her room, closing it shut. She walked downstairs to the kitchen. "Hi, mom, ooh hamburgers!" She went to the cupboards, grabbing two plates. She walks to me, handing me one. I took it from her and sat down on the table. Surprisingly she sat right next to me.

"What? I can't sit here?" She asks.

"Um, yeah you can sit there, it's your house isn't it?" I said with the sweetest smile I've got.

She rolls her eyes and shakes her head. "That doesn't work on me, Bieber."

I raised my eyebrow. "What doesn't work on you anymore, sweetie?" I asked her.

"You're flirting face." She said grabbing a hamburger.

"We'll see about that, Jaz," I said grabbing one too.

"Alright, enough already. Eat." Mrs. Martinez said, sitting down. We both laugh and ate.

Throughout dinner, we all laughed and telling stories. But the one thing I kept doing was looking at Jasmine. She looked so happy. This is the family she wants back. This is what she wants back. Her family. The family she grew up with. When we were done all of us cleaned the kitchen. Well, sort of cleaned the kitchen. Most of the time we just joked around.

When we finished, I decided to go to sleep. "Hey, Mrs. Martinez. What room do I sleep in?"

"Oh, I completely forgot! Jasmine, can you show Justin his room?"

"Sure." She walked up to me and grabbed some bags. I grabbed the rest of the bags. Then I followed her upstairs.

"This is going to be your room. It's right next to mine." She said, opening it. It was big and wide and very empty. "This used to be my brother's room." She said putting down the bags.

"Where is he?" I asked placing the bags on the bed.

"He died in a car accident." I shrugged. "I don't really like talking about it."

I nod. "Sorry for asking."

"It's alright, you didn't know." She gave me a weak smile. "Because you were in Georgia, living your dreams."

When she said that, my heart sank. I regretted that I left her.

I walked up to her and hugged her. I knew that I caught in surprise because her body went stiff. "I'm so sorry, Jaz. I'm here now. I will always be here for you. I swear." I whispered in her ear. It saddens me more when she didn't hug me back. She gently pulled away and looked at me.

"Good night Justin." She walked out of the room, shutting the door closed. I sat on the bed, running my hands through my hair. I sighed. I got up and changed into a pair of sweatpants. I took off my shirt and climbed to bed. I couldn't sleep at all at night. All I could think was Jasmine. And her expression, when she said good night at me. She looked... hurt. I looked in her eyes. She looked broken. I sighed, I walked to my room and changed into my sweatpants. I laid down on the bed, covering myself with the blue quilt. I closed my eyes again trying to go asleep again.

Only this time I did.

And I was thinking about Jasmine.

The girl that cared for me when I wasn't famous. The girl that was there for me. The girl that I loved back in Canada.