Chapter 4

Justin POV:

I zipped up the last luggage I had. I rested my hands on top of the black luggage and closed my eyes, I let out a sigh and opened my eyes. I don't know what Jasmine would think of me now.

I think I have some ideas. She would think of me of a jerk, maybe more. I grabbed the luggage and slipped the backpack strap over my shoulder. I rolled the luggage out of the room. I closed my bedroom door behind me and jogged down the spiral stairs. I headed towards the living room and placed my hand on the cold doorknob, opening it.

I took one last glance around the house before shutting the door.

Let's get this over with...

"Come on Justin! Let's go! We are going to be late for the plane!" I heard Kenny yell from the car. I sighed.

"I'm coming! Dang!" I jogged towards the car and opened the passenger side."You know, this is my car and I should drive it." I state while glaring at Kenny. I opened the passenger door and climbed inside.

He laughs and shakes his head." How am I supposed to know that you aren't going to race over there." Kenny climbed inside, slamming the door shut and puts the car in drive. Kenny backs away from the car and shifts it into gear. I glared at him.

"I made a tiny mistake and now you won't let me do anything." Kenny sighs.

"My job is to protect you from bad mistakes and anything bad that could happen to you." I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever." I took out my Beats and my phone. I plugged in the headphones to my phone. I put the Beats on my ears and clicked play. I like hearing music. It makes me feel better. It shuts out the world. The media. I wish I could just listen to music forever.

TWO HOURS LATER

I stare out of the window for what seemed like an eternity. The traffic deeper into the city got worse. At least I have enough time to just sit here until our flight. After a few minutes, I felt a tap on my leg. I looked up and saw that Kenny was looking at me and back to the road. I paused the music and wrapped the headphones around my neck.

"What?" I asked Kenny. I ran my hands through my face, rubbing my palms over my eyes. I stretched my arms, laying my hands flat across the roof.

"I said are you excited to see Jasmine." He glanced over at me. I put my hands down to my lap. I continued to stare at Kenny, raising my eyebrow.

"Who told you about her?" I asked, sounded confused. Let me guess, my mum told you. I thought.

" Your mom told me before we left." He shrugged, knowing that I already knew the answer to my own question.

"Of course," I muttered. I exhaled deeply, trying to remove the stress that was starting to build up in my brain. "Don't know," I answered Kenny's question. I shrugged, scratching the back of my neck.

"Hey, it won't be so bad. She probably forgave you long ago." Kenny reassured with his signature smile.

I shook my head. " You don't understand, she hates me now, I hurt her." The tone of my voice started to rise.

And I thought I was protecting her.

"She isn't mad at you. If she is, find a way to make her not mad at you anymore." Kenny advised me. He reached down for his soft drink he ordered at McDonald's a few hours ago.

I thought I was making her happy. I frown. "This is Jasmine we are talking about, Kenny," I muttered under my breath. I don't want to talk about this anymore.

"I am going to take a nap," I said, trying to end this conversation.

Kenny sighed, understanding what I mean. "Alright, I will wake you up once we are at the airport." He said, not looking at me.

I put on back my headphones, pressed on the play, and continued to listen to the song from earlier. I felt my eyes growing heavy. Without fighting to stay awake, I closed my eyes, getting lost into the lyrics of the song.

Please don't hate me, Jasmine...