Chapter 6

Justin POV:

"I promise," I said, hugging Jasmine tight as I could. I felt Jasmine lifting her head, trying to face me. She looks at me, smiling the biggest smile I had ever seen. I couldn't help but smile back at her. But, I could see the sadness in her eyes. I pet her hair. "Don't be sad, I will always be by your side when you need me most." It hurts me to break this promise...

"Justin, wake up," Kenny whispered in my ear, waking me up from my dream.

"Five more minutes." I murmured, covering my face with my blanket.

"Oh, no you don't, we are already here," Kenny tugged away from the blanket.

"Hey! Dude! I'm cold!" I said, wrapping my arms around myself. Kenny just rolls his eyes, shakes his head, and laughs.

"Don't be such a big baby. Come on grab your backpack and headphones, and get off the plane." Kenny said, reaching for my other bags.

I roll my eyes. 'I'm not a big baby." I muttered.

"What did you say?" Kenny asked, turning to face me, with his eyebrow raised.

"Nothing," I said, putting my backpack over my shoulder and putting my Beats around my neck. "Come on, let's go." As I was about to walk out, I saw that Kenny was having trouble with the bags. I sighed, walked up to Kenny, and grabbed two of my bags.

"Justin you don't have to hel-"

"No, I want to help. I feel bad for not helping. You act like my butler, not my bodyguard." I said, smiling at him.

He smiles back. "Alright, let's go then." Kenny started to walk, so I lead us out of the plane. I stepped out of the plane, and I got blind by the sun. I put my arm towards my face, blocking the sun. As I walked down the stairs, Kenny right behind me, I heard clicks and flashes.

"You've got to be kidding me..."

I turned where the sounds were coming from. I saw that it was coming from a few feet away from the plane. And they were running towards us. I turned to Kenny, seeing the same thing as I am.

"Come on, hurry! Before they come here!" Kenny yells, pushing me forward. I ran down the stairs and started to jog into the building, wishing that we lost them. Once we were inside, bent my knees, taking big breaths, trying to catch my breath.

"Did you just run a race or something?" A female voice joked. I looked up to see who was talking to me, and saw a woman, short, with short light brown hair, and hazel eyes. I recognized her right away.

"Hello, Mrs. Martinez. And yes, you could say that." I said, smiling.

She looks exactly like Jasmine... I wonder where she is...

"So, um, where's Jasmine?" I asked, confused, looking around.

"She's back at the house," She said, walking to Kenny. "Do you want me to carry those, Kenny?"

"Sure, if it's alright." He said, handing her the other 2 bags.

"No, I don't mind. You must go back to the plane."

I raised my eyebrow. "Wait, you aren't staying Kenny?"

He shakes his head."No, I must go back, people can not know where you are, and if I am with you, it would just make the paparazzi come and make things worst with the media. So I suggest that you don't leave the house so much. If you do leave, wear a good disguise. Okay?"

I nod," Okay."

"Good, I must be going now. It was nice seeing you Lupita." Kenny said, taking her hand and shaking it.

"It was nice seeing you too Kenny." She lets go of Kenny's hand.

"Call Pattie if he causes any trouble. Well, let's hope there won't be any." Kenny added. I rolled my eyes.

"Yes, of course ." Mrs. Martinez smiled at him.

Kenny smiles and nods and started to walk away. Halfway to the door he turned around, looked at me, and mouthed, "Behave."

I just chuckle and nodded. Then Kenny was gone, along with the crowd. I turned to face Lupita and saw that she was staring at me.

"What?" I asked her as she continues to glare at me.

"You've changed Justin."

"Yeah... I get that a lot."

She shakes her head, "Let's go. Jasmine is home alone and who knows what she is doing right now." Her voice sounded worried.

That confused me. What did she mean by that?

Mrs. Martinez quickly walked out of the airport, as I speed-walked right behind her. The parking lot was huge, that I thought we would have a difficult time finding her car. In like five minutes, we found her white car, placing the bags in the backseat; and headed off.

We didn't say anything for two hours. The traffic here in Canada is worse when going deeper into the city and this silence was killing me. The tension was making me uncomfortable, so I decided to beak it.

"So how is Jasmine?" I looked at her. Mrs. Martinez gave me a quick glance, then focused back to the road.

"Don't ask me, ask Jasmine." She turned her head to see if she had a chance to change lanes.

"Okay..." I said, looking at my fingers.

"She missed you a whole lot before you left." Mrs. Martinez said. I looked up from my fingers.

"Really? I thought she hates me." I muttered, feeling regret. She shrugs.

"I don't know, maybe she does. Justin, about the third year of your career, without no words from you she started to... act... different. She always said that she lost all hope that you would come back to visit her, call her, text her, and e-mail her. When her Junior year at high school started, she was bullied and she did horrible things to herself. So now she is homeschooled for her last year. And something happened to her in junior year as well, but she doesn't want to talk about it. So don't ask her about it. It will only hurt her more."

When I heard this, my heart ached.

Did I really cause all the pain she had suffered all her life when I left?

I think so.

And I will do anything to fix it. Anything to get my best friend back.

If I'm not too late.