Chapter 26

Alex's POV

Never have I ever thought that my own dad thinks of me in that way. I can't even explain how painful it is to hear those words fall from my own father's mouth.

It hurts how Liam and Louis just stood there not even defending me.

And Harry... I love Harry, but it seems like the feeling isn't really mutual. He claims that he loves me but what his actions are saying are definitely far from it.

He can't just claim that us can't end because he doesn't want it to after putting me in a place where I have to choose between water and air.

Justin obviously doesn't care, sometimes maybe he does but most of the times he is ecstatic when I am placed in situations like this. When they rub it on my face how terrible I am, he loves it.

I know my mom would freak out when she comes back and find out that I left. I'd leave that burden to my dad.

I entered the lair with my things and I'm surprised to find Mason still in there, sitting on one of the couches looking at the ground.

As he heard my footsteps he looked up, his eyes full of sympathy and pain.

"So I'm assuming you heard?" He simply nodded.

He stood up as I sighed "I'm sorry Mason, I know what happened but I really don't know why up to this day they hate you that much. If only they know what really happened that day they wo---"

"Hey, it's okay... And thanks for standing up for me out there." He spoke cutting me off.

" Though Harry was not quite happy about it." He continued making me sigh.

"Yeah..." I answered.

"Your dad called me a dog." Mason pointed out.

"Well you are."

"I am a WEREWOLF there is a difference!" He argued making me chuckle.

He still have issues with people calling him a dog.

I raised my hands up in surrender as I spoke "Okay okay.. Calm yo Fur "

He rolled his eyes smiling "really so we're back with the wolf jokes?"

I was about to say another come back when all of a sudden we heard yelling and voices I can't quite make out what they are saying.

"Is that Max?" Mason asked as we listened.

"Yeah... " I answered nodding and in a few minutes the door opened revealing Max with his suite case and a bag.

Okay what the hell happened out there ?

"What's that?" I asked

"I'm coming with you Alex." Max answered.

"They may not understand you, but I do. They are being unfair to you and I can't stand people treating my sister this way." He said softly making my heart flutter.

Max and I, we have this unique bond and I know that during times like this he really would be the one that will stick with me.

"Thank you Max... " I paused

"But Max, I don't even have any idea where I'm gonna stay. I'm done with the finals though I don't really care, but you, you're having your final exams next week. I don't want to drag you into this."

"There's an available apartment beside where I stay." Mason spoke making Max and I turn to him.

"In New Jersey?" I asked, he nodded.