Chapter 27

A/N : Before anything else, my thoughts goes to the families of the victims of the plane crash of Malaysian Airlines MH17, and to all those who are still suffering because of the war in the middle east. Much love to all of you. x

Alex’s POV

‘I’m 18, we’ll manage.’ That’s what I kept on telling myself as I looked over at Max who’s sleeping peacefully beside me. 

Mason’s apartment is not that big but it’s not that small as well. It may be too big for Mason, but if Max and I are gonna live in an apartment like this I think it’s just enough. 

Right now Max and I are in Mason’s spare room, Max’s already fast asleep as I kept on twisting and turning not being able to snooze off just like my brother. 

My chest still aches from all the words that came flying around in the substation earlier.There’s so many thoughts running through my mind that I don’t think I will be able to fall asleep, but I have to for tomorrow I will be skipping school but not because of the usual reasons I have before- like being lazy or whatsoever. Tomorrow or later since it’s already 2 am, I’m going to talk to the landlord so Max and I can move in next door as soon as possible. I don’t want to be a burden to Mason, he already helped me a lot. Also tomorrow I’m gonna start looking for jobs in Wizard World and might as well start painting and start selling it.

I shook my head as my plans for later this day made their way through my exhausted mind. This is all new to me, I never felt this kind of big responsibility to prove my family and everyone else that I am not how they assume me to be. I can be a responsible human/wizard  as well. I know it’s gonna be hard most especially because I have my younger brother with me to take care of, but I know we’re going to manage.

I stared at the ceiling and the thoughts of the person I don’t want to think of right now came sliding into my mind again. 

Harry.

I always wonder, why did he have to come in to my life? 

Do you see how much I changed since I fell for him?

I remember Ashley telling me a few months ago when Harry and I were just starting to see each other

“You’re being a softy girly girl now. You’re changing” she playfully commented.

Though she meant it as a joke, I know that what she said is true, but seriously she should speak for herself, do you know how lovey dove-y she is with Zayn now? But they’re adorable don’t get me wrong. I played match maker for them so I’m proud that they’re relationship is going stronger by each day that’s passing by. Just like mine and Harry’s before that night in the park, but now I don’t know anymore.

I have done things I never imagined myself doing before Harry came along. I used to just laugh at mortals who asks me out, mortals who tries to take me out. 

I used to raise my brow every time I hear my mom and dad’s story, how dad gave up his powers to marry my mom. How he believe that loving a mortal is the best thing that he ever did unconciously. 

Now look at me.

Those feelings that never in my life have I thought I will ever feel is now consuming my entire being. But despite all of that, I can honestly say that I do not regret a thing. I may be hurt, I may be feeling betrayed, I may not want to talk to Harry right now - but still - I do not ever regret loving him.

I turned to my side to look at the digital alarm clock that Mason lend to us, for phone alarms never wakes me up, except for Harry’s calls.I sighed thinking that I won’t be able to hear his beautiful morning raspy voice later.