Chapter 4

Timeline:  April 2014

Park Miso

A month has passed since i confessed to Taehyung. He has been avoiding since that day. Today is the last day of 10th grade and yet I am getting ignored. My friends tried best to cheer me up but I just couldn't. I mean Taehyung is the first person I loved so hard so obviously his rejection will break me.

"Miso-ah lets go and eat your favorite ice-cream"Sungjae said as he put his arm on my shoulder. Jeonghan was by his side was Solhee was walking next to me.

"Not today sungjae-ah, I have flight for jeju. I am meeting halmoni today and live there for the whole vacation. I miss her sooo much." I told him rejecting his offer.

"Oh! Okay.  I'll see you after summer vacation then"He said as we walked out of the school and I just nodded.

Solhee and I got inside her car and she told driver to drive to my house. She insisted on dropping me home and i couldn't do anything.

At my house we both got changed and headed to airport. " Don't miss me too much " She said cheekily and I just rolled my eyes.

"As If I'd miss you"I scoffed and she laughed.

"Yes you'll. You'll be the first one to call me" She laughed.

"You wish" I stuck out my tongue at her.

"Okay go now! your flight is about to board"She said and waved her hands at me. I nodded and waved back before heading to board.

After an hour and ten minute, I was finally at Jeju. The place where my lovely halmoni lives. The only person who loves me. After 30 minutes ride in the cab I was finally at my destination.

"Halmoni~" I called out for her as I ran inside the house. But unlike she used run calling my name, the house was silent. Is she at Kim Ahjumma?

I went to Kim Ajumma's house and pressed the door bell. Few seconds later Kim Ajumma opened the door and greeted me with her motherly hug.

"Aigoo! Miso-ah you're finally here"She said and pulled back.

"Ajumma, where is my halmoni?"I asked her and she gave me weird look. 

"What are you talking Miso-ah? I know this has caused pain to you but you have to deal with Miso-ah. You're grandmother is gone, she is not with us anymore"She said and I couldn't process what she said. My grandmother is gone? She is not with us anymore?

"I know its april but you can't joke about these things" I told her not wanting to believe what she said.

"Why would I joke about it Miso-ah? Did you really not know she died last week?"She asked me and I shook my head tears rolling down my cheeks. My grandma is gone, she is not here anymore. I can't believe it.

 Without saying I ran upto my grandma's house. I immediately dialed my mother's number and waited for her to answer.

"Hello? Miso? What is it? I am busy"She used her usual excuse. "Why d-didn't you tell me about grandma?"I choked on my words.

"You had finals? we didn't want you to be distracted"She said and I couldn't help but scoff in disbelief.

"Distracted? WHat the hell is wrong with you mom? Because of you I couldn't spend halmoni's last moments together"I shouted at her. I am so angry at her.

"Shut Up Miso, you can't just shout at me. I am your mother and what if your halmoni died? She was an old lady so she had to die someday" She said and I can't believe how insensitive can she be. I didn't say anything and hang up. Well, what can we expect from a career woman who chose to work instead of raising her children?. I wonder if Chanyeol oppa  knows this ? About halmoni's death.