XII.

Symphoni "Sym" Peterson. (LEO IN MM)

The scent of weed filled my nose as I entered Amaru's house. It has always surprised me how big it is.

I heard loud male voices so I followed it to see what company he had.

Out on his patio sat a few guys, Amaru being one of the only two who actually stood.

"Hey babe, who are they?" I pecked his lips.

He immediately wrapped his arms around my waist pecking my neck.

"These are my cousins. They're gonna be coming on the trip too, just later."

"Oh. Hi." I waved awkwardly.

In return, they nodded at me.

"They're family. Relax." He whispered in my ear. His warm breath against my ear scent chills down my spine.

His breath smelled like mint.

I pulled his blunt out his mouth before placing it to my lips. Inhaling and exhaling the smoke, I looked around.

"Is anyone gonna offer me a drink?" One of the guys moved from their seats to grab me a glass.

Pouring some Hennessy in a glass, Amaru watched him carefully. I thanked him once he handed it over.

I sipped slowly from the drink feeling Amaru's eyes on me as he drank whatever was in his styrofoam cup.

"Let me holler at you right quick."

"Where?"

"In my bedroom."

Embarrassment took over my body as I excused myself.

Amaru had obviously made it upstairs. I slipped my heels off on my way to his bedroom.

When I made it inside his room he casually sat in his bed flipping through channels on the TV.

"Close and lock my door."

"Are you gonna tell me what's wrong with you?"

"I'll tell you if you put my blunt out and rinse that glass out." I looked down at both things in my hand.

"You don't like me drinking and smoking around your family, do you?"

"It's not even that. You're on medication tryna do drugs and drink."

"Really?" I quizzed.

"What do you mean by really? You see that shit on your pill bottle everyday. It's a warning on the label."

"A few days ago you didn't mind and now you do. If I did it before, I can definitely do it now."

"That's because I didn't know." He argued.

"Now you do. No difference. Light my blunt." He pushed me into the bed sitting up.

Being that this bed is so big, I kinda sunk more into it as he stepped out being sure to grab his blunt and my drink.

"I'm finna get these niggas to get the fuck out my house. You sit and think about what I said."

I threw a mini-tantrum. My blunt and my drink is gone.

"Are you sure you still wanna go? There's always Christmas break." Amaru has been throwing up all morning.

I tried to get him to stay home and get a refund on his tickets but he still wants to go.

"I'm fine, it's a hangover. Merge left." He pointed.

I sighed maneuvering through the early morning traffic.